Subcompact Kubota search

/ Subcompact Kubota search
Have you ever pushed wet snow with a sub-compact tractor?
Have been doing it with Simplicity Sovereigns for about 30 years, and Gravely walk-behinds before that. Have you ever had a snowblower clog ten times in fifteen minutes of running time? (That doesn't include the ten minutes it takes to stop, clear each clog, and restart, or the wet, frozen gloves and fingers.) Plows work better here.

/ Subcompact Kubota search #12  
Have you ever had a snowblower clog ten times in fifteen minutes of running time? (That doesn't include the ten minutes it takes to stop, clear each clog, and restart, or the wet, frozen gloves and fingers.) Plows work better here.
Never had that many or frequent clogs, but sure had to stop several times before I got the hang of what speeds worked for what snow.

/ Subcompact Kubota search #13  
I had a BX for 10 years and now a John Deere 2025r. The 2025r is similar to a small B sized Kubota. There is no way around it the slightly larger B sized tractor is just more capable, bigger end loader, bigger tires, it’s just more tractor. That said a BX is a great little tractor.

/ Subcompact Kubota search #14  
If you are on the West Coast, I may be able to find an older Simplicity that needs rehomed. ;)

I looked at it a couple of years ago and the carburetor was pretty well corroded. So I got that cleaned and reassembled and had it running. But, it clearly needed some more work.

/ Subcompact Kubota search
Thank you all for your advice. I found and bought a KubotaTG1860 diesel with less than 600 hours on it that came with a snowblower and 54" deck. A BX or B would have been more versatile, but about five times what I paid. I know Yanmar is reliable from the engine in our 1981 boat, but there aren't many in the used market around here, and new is too pricey. Getting parts for Simplicity tractors was getting to be nearly impossible, and then they stopped making them entirely. Now the mission is to find a snowplow for the TG1860 ...

Last edited:
   / Subcompact Kubota search #16  
For what it is worth, I started 20+ years ago then moved up to a B and finally to a cabbed Grand L. Great tractor but made for large open areas. Last year I downsized to the highest highest hp BX and it does everything I want it to do, maybe a little slower but it can get into places the Grand L never could and that is a work saver .
I have a loader, grapple, fork lifts, a box blade and an aerator which covers everything I need to do great little tractor.

/ Subcompact Kubota search #17  
I understand the sizing down and while my L series Kubota works for most things, I'd like having a sub compact at times but finding one ued in my area is about imposible, but not giving up the L series anytime soon. Subs have gotten rediculous in price, like everything else these days.

/ Subcompact Kubota search #18  
Subs have gotten rediculous in price, like everything else these days.
No kidding.

If selling the BX25D when getting the Kioti CK2620, I could've got several thousands more than we paid for it. Even with nearly 200 hours on it.