Snow Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #31  
I find that sometimes pavement will glaze over within minutes of being plowed it the temps are cold enough. No tire will get traction then.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630
Has anyone had there tires filled? How much of an expense is this?

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #33  
use the "search" feature above. Do you see it?

Search fill tires or filling tires, or tire ballast and you will get dozens and dozens of threads on the topic. It's been talked to death. More information than you will want in the lifetime!!:D:D

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #34  
I have wheel extensions and loaded rear tires. The chains I have are 4 link and do fine. However, the links in the chain are about 3/16" chains. I plow my asphalt driveway with them with no issues, but I make sure that the chains are needed before I put them on. Sorry for not explaining more in earlier post.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #35  
Has anyone had there tires filled? How much of an expense is this?

I think my Kubota dealer charged me $10 to fill my rear tires 2/3rd full of a mix of anti-freeze and water. Since I was at the time buying the tractor and some attachments, it was a -deal-. Still, the price should be very modest.

You can buy kits to do it you're self. The kits are not very expensive.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #36  
I was out twice yesterday blading and again this morning.

My experience here in southern Maryland was much better. I went out while it was still coming down (twice) and bladed our lane which is not quite a mile long. In both instances the 6 ft blade did a very good job of rolling off the snow.

This morning I looked out to find most of my work un-done. I went out and again bladed my lane. Drifts were usually about a foot, but in 2 places were 4 feet deep, and I had to use the FEL to clear most of those. I only had to dump the blade twice, and quickly cleared that both times.

The rest of the time, whooo-weeee. Seeing snow in huge crests rolling off the blade and to the side of the road. Just amazing some times that I can pull a blade that loaded up.:D

The big problem now is that I can't push these later snow falls over the top of the previous snow windrows, so they pile up against the side of them, leaving a ever narrower lane to drive down. To push back the windrows is going to take the FEL, and I'm not looking forward to pushing that much snow around using the FEL.

St. Mary's county Maryland has now broken all historical records for this area for the amount of snow fall recorded in a single year.

Another 6 inches projected for Monday.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #37  
Actually wish we had more up here. First real storm since Mid Dec and only about 7 inches not the 12-18 predicted. Little bummed out, but the new blower for the BX worked far better than I imagined. Good luck to everyone down in the Snowblet.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #38  
There is a member on here - Timber- with a B7800 - a tractor that is very similar in size and weight to yours. He doesn't use chains or tire ballast plowing snow but instead has about 800 lbs on his three point hitch (concrete in a drum) and has no problems. So I think that demonstrates that weight on the back is very important. Then if you have chains as well for pack snow or ice, well even better. If you are using a rear blade, well then you would have to add weight in the form of liquid tire ballast which is what I did. That with chains really made a difference for me.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630
So I have decided on trying chains. Has anyone put chains on a B2630 or equivalent? Was there clearance issues?

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #40  
I find that sometimes pavement will glaze over within minutes of being plowed it the temps are cold enough. No tire will get traction then.
I second that emotion. Like a skating rink, after you plow. All's well in the morning, though, when the sun gets on it. Satisfying view of black driveway with 3 foot sheer-wall snowdrifts on both sides.