Super UDT or not for my l4610

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #11  
My L4610 (HST) is coming up to it's 800 hour service. Checked around for Super UDT (now it's super udt2) it's now$101.35/5 gallon. I talked to an Amsoil dealer he said their oil works ($38.99/5 gal) that's a huge difference and enticing but is it as good?

20.70 a gal. for SUDT versus 38 bucks for amsoil. (disclaimer, been an amsoil user for over 22 years) I'd get the Super duper udt!
I used amsoil on the CK but it was only 6 gallons.
For the NX; 11 gallons I'll be looking for alternative.

Looking at NAPA's Valvoline synthetic and will talk to the NH dealer as well.

Hyd fluid seems to be a challenge for some of use once we get past the 5 gallon mark.
A good synthetic at a price point that doesn't strangle the pocket book.
Hmm maybe a list can be built and make it a sticky?

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #12  
For my 50 hour service went to dealer and got hyd filter and 2 gallons of hyd. fluid to top it off.
I got this: Xtreme™ Tractor Hydraulic Fluid - Martin Xtreme

Since this is truly a new world for me in many respects, this oil brand struck me as a cheap generic much like those in TSC.
Yeah I know fellas many have used TSC products for years.
But its hard to break programming when I've been accustomed to name brands as Mobil, Rotella etc.

Like many have discovered, even though Amsoil is a 5-20 hyd oil, ain't gonnah pay 38 bucks a gallon.
But once this fluid is changed out we will run it for hundred of hours before it needs another change out right.
Since I've been working the snot out of this NX from hour 1; thinking I'll do a full replacement at 200 hours.
By then this topic outtah be a huge dead horse and maybe a list of 3 or 4 solid synthetic recos will shake out of all this.

Anyone got popcorn?

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #13  
...................................................................Anyone got popcorn?
You're a little late for the popcorn. The show started yesterday. :D

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #14  
Probably only if old stock. The SUDT2, if you have a hydro or hydraulic shuttle, is worth the difference. Lots of posts on that. I'm a cheapskate and use SUDT2 in my hydro tractor and shuttle tractor. It makes that much of a difference. Double that if you're in a cold climate. Where are you, anyway?

I'd be careful about buying Super UDT. Some Kubota dealers got stuck with a large quantity of low priced counterfeit Super UDT.
Kubota put a stop to the counterfeit, but didn't require the dealers to take it off their shelf. And the Kubota dealer wouldn't take it back.
I know, I'm one of the Kubota owners that got taken by the scam.
rScotty

Attachments

• Counterfeit Kubota Oil.jpeg
    Counterfeit Kubota Oil.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 155
   / Super UDT or not for my l4610 #15  
20.70 a gal. for SUDT versus 38 bucks for amsoil. (disclaimer, been an amsoil user for over 22 years) I'd get the Super duper udt!
I used amsoil on the CK but it was only 6 gallons.
For the NX; 11 gallons I'll be looking for alternative.

Looking at NAPA's Valvoline synthetic and will talk to the NH dealer as well.

Hyd fluid seems to be a challenge for some of use once we get past the 5 gallon mark.
A good synthetic at a price point that doesn't strangle the pocket book.
Hmm maybe a list can be built and make it a sticky?

Finding synthetic trans fluid is not easy and the only ones I am aware of are Kubota SUDT2 and the Valvoline synthetic you mention. Oh, and the Amsoil. Seems there is a huge potential market for synthetic trans fluid but few make it.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #16  
I'm pretty thrifty when it come to the buck, however, for how often the hydraulic fluid requires changing, I would go with the SUDT2.
Sounds like me but I just describe myself as being cheap. I put SUDT2 in my used (but new to me) Kubota B21. Very reduced warm up time, smoother operation, seems like more power and no spitting out the vent. To me it is not worth being cheap when it comes to hydraulic fluid rarely changed.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #17  
I haven’t priced out SUDT2 yet from my dealer. $100 for a 5-gallon pail of full syn UTF seems like the going rate though.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #18  
The UDT2 looks like its going to cost you a extra $61.00 dollars or so plus tax. Your putting it in a machine worth thousands to fix or replace. Figure in 500 hours or what ever your oil change is and it seems to be pretty easy to say spend the extra money, especially since its yours :)
All joking aside UDT2 has done great for me so far and not worth the risk to save a few bucks versus the possible cost.
I figure that the tractor has saved me a lot of money and since I am doing the oil change and maintence I am saving more money. So will gladly spend the extra bucks for UDT2.

I could not possibly agree with you more. :drink:

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #19  
Its really a preference, but I'm going to keep SUDT2 in my machine when its due. I'm also very impressed with the Kubota filters and will be keep those as well. I like it when they wrap the ends in plastic to keep the dirt out.

At the end of the day its short money for an oil that is changed out relatively rarely. The big tractors will be more, but more tractor is always more.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #20  
Hey Guys,

I changed the oil tonight in the TC24DA New Holland Boomer I bought last fall in PA. As is true with my other Boomer, The Kubota SUDT2 that replaced the oil the previous owner used offers a huge upgrade in performance, smoothness and HST noise. The speed increase I think also has to do with the very spendy cold weather OEM Fiat hyd filters that cost $200.00 for the pair and move more hydraulic oil than the Wix filters it had on it. I have used Kubota SUDT2 in my New Holland equipment since it was introduced and won't run anything else. It is worth the price especially since you don't have to do the oil change again for a while. Spend the extra for SUDT2 you will be extremely pleased with the outcome.

Brian