Super UDT or not for my l4610

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #21  
Saw a film where they were cutting non Kubota filters up and exposing the filter materials inside. Kubota filters had a lot more filter material. Every thing pretty much the same size on the outside.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #22  
The M7060 owner's manuals now call for only a filter change at 50 hours and a full change later on. On earlier models such as the M6800 and M7040's, there was a call for a full transaxle oil and filter change at 50 hours so it's generally thought Kubota made this move because the competition only required a filter change at 50 hours and Kubota was just being competitive.

This tells me that Kubota engineers originally wanted a 50 hour transaxle oil and filter change to protect the machine so that's what I'm going with. It's not called for but I'm doing the filter and fluid change with SUDT2 at 50 hours. With the hydraulic shuttle, I feel it's in my best interest.

Also, on changing the oil, I use a black cement mixing tub from Lowe's to hold the oil that does indeed come out fast. I let maybe half the oil come out and then put the plug back, empty the tub and then finish. I rarely spill more than a drop and lots less of a hassle

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #23  
The M7060 owner's manuals now call for only a filter change at 50 hours and a full change later on. On earlier models such as the M6800 and M7040's, there was a call for a full transaxle oil and filter change at 50 hours so it's generally thought Kubota made this move because the competition only required a filter change at 50 hours and Kubota was just being competitive.

This tells me that Kubota engineers originally wanted a 50 hour transaxle oil and filter change to protect the machine so that's what I'm going with. It's not called for but I'm doing the filter and fluid change with SUDT2 at 50 hours. With the hydraulic shuttle, I feel it's in my best interest.

Also, on changing the oil, I use a black cement mixing tub from Lowe's to hold the oil that does indeed come out fast. I let maybe half the oil come out and then put the plug back, empty the tub and then finish. I rarely spill more than a drop and lots less of a hassle

Do you pour out of that tub or pump it out? Tub has a feature that makes pouring reasonable?

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #24  
All other arguments aside you are not buying 5 gallons of Amsoil anything for $38.99. I bet that was the price per gallon. The cheapest no name hydraulic fluid at tractor supply or wherever is $38.99 or more for 5 gallons. Amsoil is good stuff but I have never seen anything they offer cost less than other fluids.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #25  
Do you pour out of that tub or pump it out? Tub has a feature that makes pouring reasonable?

Don't fill it too full and I just pick it up and pour into a funnel in a 5 gallon from the corner of the tub. Start slow with less that you think and work your way up so you know how much to put it. Remember to start putting the cork back in before you hit that maximum point since it takes a few seconds to get it in. I wear rubber gloves, get none on me and don't spill a drop. Start with 2 or 3 gallons in the tub until you figure it out.

To put the new oil in I have a "pail tipper" (search threads for pictures) and I pour it into 2 or 2 1/2 gallon containers and then use a funnel to get into Kubota. None spilled that way. Get a pail tipper.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #26  

On every Kubota machine that I have, I did a 50 hour fluid change and after letting the fluid settle a few days in a 15 gallon wash tub you can notice a fine metalic colored sediment settle out. I do a 50 hour change if required or not as I do not like the idea of keeping contaminants from breakin in the transmission for 300 hours.

David

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #27  
Amsoil Multi purpose hydraulic/transmission fluid at $230.00 per 5 gallon. :shocked:

No hydraulic fluid for a tractor is worth paying that price.

a bucket of Allison ATF is "only" $189 from the local Allison dealer; i thought that was expensive. Good lord, Amsoil