Surge Protection Install Ques

/ Surge Protection Install Ques #21  
Which rating are you talking about?

- The Nominal Discharge Current (In) – the peak value of current, through the surge protective device (SPD) remains functional after 15 surges.

- The Short Circuit Current Rating - the amount of “available” current that the SPD can be subjected to and safely disconnect from the power source under short circuit conditions.

- something else?

The Generac SPD my standby generator installer installed as a NDC rating of 20kA and a SCCR rating of 200kA.

/ Surge Protection Install Ques #22  
Mine is just down stream of the main service entrance breaker, And I believe it is only good for one lightning strike. We had a big strike, and all the circuits were protected, but the surge protector sacrificed itself I think. Had to get a new one.

Meanwhile, the neighbors had damage to their standby generators and their electronic equipment. I guess they didn’t have surge protectors! I suppose I you spellI guess they didn’t have surge protectors! I suppose I should ask them one day.

/ Surge Protection Install Ques
I’m going to go w the F140 and install on the inside of main 200amp panel. Thank you very much for all the suggestions.

/ Surge Protection Install Ques #24  
I put my arrestor at the main breaker on the pole
where the power lines are just have the 200 amp
breaker and the arrestor.

willy