Swapping tractor with my engine

/ Swapping tractor with my engine #21  
That's what JD calls the plastic do-hickey that goes around
the rockshaft lever and is bolted to the fender.

OK, now I recall. One of the plastic trim pieces.

Your tractor looks very nice. Next the loader?

/ Swapping tractor with my engine
Very nice. Thanks for the pictures. But why does the decal say 430?
Thanks, it was a lot of work. The 955 and the 430 use the same hood. I got this hood off of a 430 and it didn't need to be repainted. I haven't put any decals back on the 955 yet, and I'm not sure I'm going to. I'm not restoring to parade quality and the decals don't make it work any harder. Besides, it's kind of funny seeing people's reactions when they see the 430 on the side.

OK, now I recall. One of the plastic trim pieces.

Your tractor looks very nice. Next the loader?
Thanks. Yeah, the loader does look horrible next to the newly painted tractor, but that will have to wait until next year. I have some grading work to and I'm running out of time to get it done this year. I'll use it the way it is for the rest of this season and the winter.

I actually got to use the beast tonight! I've been putting off mowing to get the tractor done and the grass out in the field is getting pretty tall and thick. So, I hooked up the brush hog tonight and did some mowing. I'll cut it again in a week or so with the finish mower. I need to get some suitcase weights for the front end so I can drop the loader when mowing. The loader on the front really cuts down on manueverability.

/ Swapping tractor with my engine #24  
dam thats a huge 430 haha.

It looks great maybe when im not relying on my 755 so much I can rebuild mine.

Figures... I finally get the tractotr and have several jobs around the property I need to get done, it's perfect weather in the upper 60's, and I'm laid up on the couch with a 102 fever.