Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck
I'm sure most here on TBN know my opinion of the ZD1211 72" mower, so I'll spare y'all.
I will mention that the 72" side discharge ACS decks use a larger blade mounting hole, and at least 2 years ago there were no aftermarket blades available. A TBN user posted an engineer drawing of how to mill the mounting bushing to accommodate the older blades. I wish I could remember who posted the mod to give them credit. I wanted to stay with Gator mulching blades, and the milled bushings worked out great.

Please give your opinion. I think you liked it? We both do some mowing, so I’d like to know. Worried about lack of power. We are forced to mow some places on a 10-day schedule, so it can get nasty.
I still have the F-3680.

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #12  
The only time I notice a reduction in power is the combination of a slope and high or thick grass. Good grass dispersion is important to me, so in thick stuff I'm usually slowing down anyway.
The zd1211 is my primary mower with around 1500 hours on it, and I love it. I did notice the HP change from my previous zd331 though.

Just the whole concept of bogging down, while going uphill in tall grass seems like I’m taking a step backwards???
Maybe I’m over thinking this and it won’t be as bad as I think…..

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #14  
You know the answer better than anyone. You know your conditions and customer needs.

But….how many times will you miss the HP? Can you take a partial cut?

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #15  
Just the whole concept of bogging down, while going uphill in tall grass seems like I’m taking a step backwards???
Maybe I’m over thinking this and it won’t be as bad as I think…..

You ARE taking a step backwards. The 1211 will not compare to the 331 in raw power. I still don't regret going from a 331 to the 1211 though.
I cut 30 acres per week, and didn't notice any overall time loss with the reduced hp.

You know the answer better than anyone. You know your conditions and customer needs.

But….how many times will you miss the HP? Can you take a partial cut?

That is true, but RJ came off a ZD-331, which is exactly what I’m doing.

Most of my conditions are flat, which is encouraging. The place I have to mow every 10 days can be 18” tall in heavy growth times, but it’s also flat.
Hilly stuff is mostly done with the F3680.
What I tried to do is search for owners that got rid of ZD-1211 because it didn’t have enougha power and only have heard of one so far.

The jump to the next power level is just too much to take
And you end up with a DPF

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #18  
The jump to the next power level is just too much to take
And you end up with a DPF
DPF, turbo, 330 extra lbs, and 10" longer, bigger hood to hit stuff with.

One plus is it has an air ride seat!!

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #19  
If the zd1611 came with an 84" deck I would consider it, otherwise it's barely more capable (6 HP) than the zd1211. I don't see the market for the same cutting width + $5k.

/ Talk me in/out of a Kubota ZD-1211 w/ 72” deck #20  
You ARE taking a step backwards. The 1211 will not compare to the 331 in raw power. I still don't regret going from a 331 to the 1211 though.
I cut 30 acres per week, and didn't notice any overall time loss with the reduced hp.
That's a pretty good testimonial. 30ac/week definitely gives RjC's opinion a lot of merit in my book.(y)