Talk Me In/Out of the Stihl MS261

/ Talk Me In/Out of the Stihl MS261 #171  
@Hay Dude , dealer sent me info on another option from Danuser, which is a little shorter and also opens full vertical, so as to not interfere with pallet handling. But the Danuser unit has the hinge set real low, like 18” above forms, so probably not as good for grabbing big stuff.

Of course, my loader weight capacity also doesn’t allow me to pick up huge logs, but I do often handle big (40” diameter) shorties, which I think the HLA would grab better.

HLA is a little tall to fit thru a door with arm up, but I could probably make it removable. What’s the overall height if yours with arm fully up?

HLA:

image001.png

Danuser:

1707940287067.jpeg

/ Talk Me In/Out of the Stihl MS261 #172  
@Hay Dude , dealer sent me info on another option from Danuser, which is a little shorter and also opens full vertical, so as to not interfere with pallet handling. But the Danuser unit has the hinge set real low, like 18” above forms, so probably not as good for grabbing big stuff.

Of course, my loader weight capacity also doesn’t allow me to pick up huge logs, but I do often handle big (40” diameter) shorties, which I think the HLA would grab better.

HLA is a little tall to fit thru a door with arm up, but I could probably make it removable. What’s the overall height if yours with arm fully up?

HLA:

View attachment 852316

Danuser:

View attachment 852317

I’ll have to measure for ya. It’s not really high.

/ Talk Me In/Out of the Stihl MS261 #173  
No worries. I spoke with someone at HLA who said "about 79 inches", but I'm not sure from/to where he was measuring. My thinking is overhead doors are only 80 - 84 inches, and a lot of the box trucks I might be loading are not much taller than that. By the time you lose a few inches to the height of the skid itself, it could be tight getting pallets thru doors with that arm up.

But I think the low hinge and low height capacity of the Danuser when closed is a deal killer. If I have to cut the arm off the HLA and weld a hitch receiver type socket into which I can install/remove the thing, that's still better, to get the high hinge pivot capacity of the HLA.