Talk me out of a 460 Rancher

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #31  
Here was my last Makita

1704118130998.jpeg

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #32  
Stihl 391 or 362?
I don't think the Stihls have compression release. I know the 020 and 025 I own doesn't. The 025 get harder to start every birthday I have.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #33  
It sounds like you had a problem with the oil that wasn't the usual. FYI my solution for the usual chain oil drool is to lay the saw on its side, chain side down. Works on my Stihl & Echo saws.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #34  
I always wanted to grab a Home Depot rental saw and do the 7900 engine swap but I never did.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #35  
Never was a fan of the 6100. sold a couple 5600 saws but never stocked the 6100 because of one issue that I never could get past. the 6100 used the K095 bar mount which for the most part limits you to the 20" bar, and maybe a 24 if you look hard on a 60cc saw. For $20 more you could buy the PS6400/EA6421 with the D009 mount which offered bars from 16-32"

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher
It sounds like you had a problem with the oil that wasn't the usual. FYI my solution for the usual chain oil drool is to lay the saw on its side, chain side down. Works on my Stihl & Echo saws.
This was dumping a whole tank of oil overnight. According to YT, it's a common problem with Husqvarna where the oil tube slips off. There's some good videos for the fix but for me this was a brand new saw. Dealer kept it for a long time and said he couldn't find a problem. But the saw never leaked a drop since I got it back.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #37  
I love my bone stock 500i, but way too early to tell.
Actually REALLY like my 261C, too and have ran a lot of tanks through it. A real nice saw.

I haven’t detected that my 500i was weak from a structural view. I am more skeptical about the electronics. I wouldn’t want to handle more than a 500i with a 25” bar more than a few hours at this stage in life anyway.

I hope they both work out because they feel right and I want to ride off into the sun with them-maybe add a small climber this year.

Check out the Echo 2511T for a climber, tiny little beast of a saw. I actually grab that more than my 261 most days now, love that saw.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #38  
I don't think the Stihls have compression release. I know the 020 and 025 I own doesn't. The 025 get harder to start every birthday I have.

Some do, my 261 pro saw does but I never use it.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #39  
Read up. They actually do.
Check out the Echo 2511T for a climber, tiny little beast of a saw. I actually grab that more than my 261 most days now, love that saw.
Great info, I will look into that. I have a great Echo dealer nearby.

/ Talk me out of a 460 Rancher #40  
Both mine do, so yeah.