Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually...

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #21  
I really like mine,13/14mpg, ride is nice ,I have a tacoma for the other stuff.

Attachments

• dodge1.jpg
    dodge1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 349
  • dodge2.jpg
    dodge2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 423
  • dodge4.jpg
    dodge4.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 506
   / Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #22  
I lived in Houston when I bought my 98.5 cummins. The dealers there were crazy then and I guess they still are. I took a trip to Madisonville and bought mine at the local dealer (IIRC - Henson Motors). Not only did I save on the price tag, but the tax rate was lower too. Now this was back in '98, don't know if things are the same, but worth making some phone calls.

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #23  
Freestone county dodge is close to me I could run threw lot tomorrow and see if any of theirs have hemi's. Also good dealer in madisonville Henson Dodge

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually...
Freestone county dodge is close to me I could run threw lot tomorrow and see if any of theirs have hemi's. Also good dealer in madisonville Henson Dodge
Seeing your truck in the pictures above probably pushed me over the edge. That's a GREAT looking setup!

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #25  
Duals are near helpless in snow or mud. The dually truck also has a huge fat backside that makes parking , narrow streets and some corners impassable or a challenge.
Same truck with singles a definite maybe.

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #26  
Before I start - this thread is not intended to be a "one brand" over another discussion, but rather one on the issues associated with any Dual Cab Dually - be it Chevy, GMC, Ford, or Dodge. :thumbsup:

I have a 2009 Dodge RAM 1500 Short and Wide with the 6 cyl that I bought new. It's a great "city" truck - but it ain't much for the country. No real towing capacity (darn near killed the thing hauling motorcycles in an enclosed 6x12), and since it's a single cab it really doesn't have any room - at all! It also gets lousy gas mileage, so the savings in fuel I thought I would find simply aren't there. So, I'm lookin' to upgrade. I want something with a tow capacity of 10000 lbs, but other than that I'm open to the truck I buy.

i got rid of an older late 90's gasser dodge single cab ram 1500 that I too near wore out hauling much more than it should, and got into diesel ford dually, crew cab ( full 4 door ) later 90's :)

glad I did.

extra room is nice. the DRW makes for more stability feel when towing... and lets face it.. more rubber on the road.. that's good for braking.. hurts a lil when you repalce tires.. but the safety feeling ws worth it for me.

for what it's worth.. I'm a ford guy really.. but loved my dodge too.. and if the right dodge dually would have showed up.. I'd liekly have that now... they were both in the running..

good luck!

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #27  
I didn't read all the answers, BUT I would buy what you want and get all the items you've EVER dreamed of - YOU DESERVE IT, we all do. We all work hard enough that our trucks are our rolling MAN CAVES. Dually will give you a rolling spare if you get a rear flat, that saved me twice on the freeway once. Yes dually had a far rear, but the stability can not be beat. I had a SRW and a dually, same truck one year apart and the dually was far better that the SRW in a lot of ways. Sure you park a little farther away, big deal, what you GAIN for hauling safety etc is far more worth it.

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #28  
I wanted to agree with DiamondPilot's typical advice to go with a 350/3500 SRW truck as a perfect all-around truck as it makes perfect sense but I LOVE dually's. I love towing with them, driving them with 4-6k in the bed and will go out of my way to follow one on the road becuase they look so bad *** from the rear.

With that said, a half-ton "could" handle 10k loads but I doubt they'll last doing it on a regular basis in country land. If your worried about rain/snow handling, get better tires. Get the big bad dually you want and be happy. I would wait for the 2013 RAM's to come out. Even if you don't want a 2013, it will drastically cut the cost of left-over 2012.

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #29  
i agree.. safety.. feel.. want. ;)

I didn't read all the answers, BUT I would buy what you want and get all the items you've EVER dreamed of - YOU DESERVE IT, we all do. We all work hard enough that our trucks are our rolling MAN CAVES. Dually will give you a rolling spare if you get a rear flat, that saved me twice on the freeway once. Yes dually had a far rear, but the stability can not be beat. I had a SRW and a dually, same truck one year apart and the dually was far better that the SRW in a lot of ways. Sure you park a little farther away, big deal, what you GAIN for hauling safety etc is far more worth it.

/ Talk me OUT of a buying a RAM 3500 Dual Cab Dually... #30  
Seeing your truck in the pictures above probably pushed me over the edge. That's a GREAT looking setup!
Thank you!! Your shopping at a good time,maybe look for some 2012 left overs,I paid 11,000 off sticker with B&W GN hitch throwed in...