Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine?

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #11  
Few things irrite me more than driving through branches, mowing or blowing snow. Many years ago I had a branch whip be across the face, shattering a hard contact lense while blowing snow. The jagged piece was stuck in there for days, I knew that, but the (Always Right) ER Doctor disagreed.

I just plain refuse to do anything for people where I would have to drive through branches. Call me, when you get things cleaned up.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #12  
When the engine is running exhaust will be pushing out the exhaust pipe pretty good. Something would have to be reasonably dense & propelled at a decent velocity to make it in.

The issue in transport is the turbo spinning without lubrication. If the engine is running & the turbo isnt getting pressurized oil to cool & lubricate it, tree bits are the least of your worries.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #13  
I converted my Ford and Kubota to horizontal exhaust. Kubota exits to the side just ahead of the foot step on the left side. Ford exits out the rear of the tractor. I very rarely smell the exhaust. The old Ford is a smoker. It'll darken the Flail Mower a bit. For the work these two tractors do I have no use for vertical exhaust.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #14  
Cuttin grass, rollin Coal!

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #15  
I mow near/around/beneath trees with all of my mowing tractors.

For this reason, I specify horizontal exhaust systems.

I have one on my M9960. You can probably get one for your 7060. Not sure about DEF models.

SDT

We have put horizontal exhaust on two new M7060 tractors in the last 30 days.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #17  
I have the same issue with trees. I use these on my tractors:

2 Exhaust Shields | Agri Supply 2187

I think those are more to keep rain out when the tractor is off.
There’s an age-old debate on whether the pivot for the flap should be on the forward, rear or side of the pipe.

In fact, those flappers make a good place for a branch to wedge into and really yank on your exhaust pipe.

Like Fallon says, it would be very odd for something to go in the exhaust when the tractor is running.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #19  
I dont have an answer to the original question but i have a new M6060 and the dealer installed a Down exhaust kit on my tractor when i bought it. Not sure about cost as it was part of the price negotiations but i know it can be done. It doesnt stick down too far and fumes dont seem to be a problem and looks good too. Looks completely factory.

/ Tall Exhaust Pipe Hitting Tree Limbs...Dangerous to engine? #20  
I dont have an answer to the original question but i have a new M6060 and the dealer installed a Down exhaust kit on my tractor when i bought it. Not sure about cost as it was part of the price negotiations but i know it can be done. It doesnt stick down too far and fumes dont seem to be a problem and looks good too. Looks completely factory.

They are not cheap because they are made in low volume.

Most (all?) dealers will charge for installation.

Kubota "down" exhausts are ventilated. No chance of burns and no issues with fumes on modern engines. One can hold ones hand just in front of the exhaust without discomfort.

SDT