Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed
Couple pictures of general condition. The one outside is the larger tank. So, I think, based on a chart I found, the small one is 125cf and the larger one is 250cf.
20230725_191036.jpg
20230725_190032.jpg
20230725_190055.jpg

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #22  
Back in the late 80's and up to about 2007, I did a mowing job for one of the local welding supply companies that got bought out by one of the big companies. They gave me free gas as long as I had my own bottles. I had 45 sets at one time, with the high pressure being Helium, O2 and argon. Been using those since 2007 and still haven't run out!
David from jax

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #23  
Pressure certs are good for 10 years far as I know of. Those bottles in the picture look like 5 miles of bad road...lol

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #24  
Our Tractor Supply will not accept any bottle but their bottles (thoroughbred I believe). I learned the hard way, cost me the price of a new bottle. I ran out while doing a job that needed to get finished and they were the only player in town. I believe the oxygen was over $260-280.

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed
Final was in the area this afternoon where the TSC did thoughbreed tanks; they said have to purchase their bottle. That's gonna be a no go, your looking line a $450 buy in, and then $60 per swap, but that one does carry 100% Argon. When Ace Hardware did it, they didn't carry 100% argon, and they stopped doing it after just a couple months.

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #26  
What are you guys paying for a full K oxygen cylinder exchange?

I go through 10-15 a typical week at $28 each deliver with a $15 service no matter if 1 or 20 the total delivery is $15

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #27  
Although the distributors have to pay labor to fill and maintain their cylinders, they only have 10-15 cents worth of gas in them except for acetylene. They make a pretty good profit. I'm one of the few who were a sales rep to the distributors in 5 states for many years. Lucky for me they give me my gases for free.

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #28  
Closest Tractor Supply to me is the pits, have to drive 40+ miles to go to good tractor supply store, unfortunately for TS the local welding supply is only 37 miles from me....

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #29  
Neighbor was plant super intendant for Pacific Oxygen and I had door to door service for as little as I used… even had the chance to hydro one of my tanks.

All long gone now…

/ Tanks, Rental, Customer, Throughbreed #30  
Check your local welding shops for the lease price for an 80cuft tank. I own my o2 and co2 tanks but lease the argon and it costs $55/yr for a 120cuft tank
Do they send you a bill for tank rental every year?