TC 24D not a good buy!

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #1  

LAGEORGE

Gold Member
Tractor
busted up New Holland TC 24D hydro :(, Replacment NH TC 24D!
Hello Everyone, well after having one wheel fall off, hydro oil spewing from the top of the transmission area and yesterdays rupture of the fuel tank ruining a new asphalt driveway. I can clearly tell anyone that blue is not for anyone who wants to buy a reliable compact tractor. I am ready to go for the green unit. I first need to find some sucker to buy my blue unit.
You would think that only having 260 hours on a tractor it would be as good as new but it leaks and creaks like a modern GM truck.
So please heed the warning and look else ware for that reliable tractor unless you like to get your hands and verb age dirty.
Oh and by the way the dealer has been great and to some point so has New Holland.

New Holland TC24D Hydro
George
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #2  
Isn't there a "Lemon Law" regarding tractors - similar to cars?

You would think your dealer would repair or replace your tractor with a similar unit.

Good luck.

Yooper Dave

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #3  
LAGEORGE,

It is unfortunate you have had bad luck. But I doubt that the blue line is all as bad as yours is.

I'm sure every manufacturer has a bad one now and then. Too bad you got one.

There are bad ones of every color and shape.

I happen to have an orange one with 249 hours on it in just over a year and it is a good one. I bet there are some orange owners out there that have an experience similar to yours...luck of the draw.

By the way, I drive a Ford, so your GM comment does not phase me in the least.

Good luck in dumping the blue and hope you have better luck with whatever color you try next.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #4  
Too bad about your problems,with that low of hours the unit should just be getting "broken in".You will find that trying to sell a low hour compact is as difficult as trying to sell a late model,low milage vehicle.

With the cheap money the Mfgs. are offering it hard to compete in that market.How much warranty time do you have left? I would keep the N.H. until the warranty was about to run out,then try to unload it.Either that or try to trade....

Just my thoughts,what do I know,I own Kubota and Ford /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #5  
Like the other guys have said its almost luck of the draw. I have taken in both green and orange tractors with few hours on them in trade on blue because the owners where fed up with the problems they where having. I have seen it happen on all brands its almost like bad karma and all the bad parts that day get on that unit being built. I am sorry to hear that it happened to you.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #6  
I sympathize with your experience with your 24D. However, this post, your second in approximately 2 months, is a perfect example of how a flame war starts. Why? Because you condemn all NH compact tractors because of your experience with your tractor. You then go on to slam GM trucks. There are plenty of people on TBN who own both NH tractors and a GM truck and are very happy with them.

I realize that you're upset, as would anyone be in a similar situation but your experience is clearly atypical.

What does your dealer ad/or NH plan on doing to resolve this situation?

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #7  
George,

As others say it doesn't make no difference which color you get. They all have had their problems and their lemons. My dad's neighbor had lots of trouble with the transmission on his tractor, it was not blue but another color. The tractor was in 4 times before it had 200 hours on it. But that would not scare me from buying the same color. Ford has had their troubles also, I know I own 43 vehicles. I have Fords, Chevy, GMs and a even a Dodge or two.

If I was you I would make the best of what you have by sitting down and writing yourself a letter to New Holland and your dealer. I would tell them of the damage to your driveway and the cost to replace it. I would even get a quote from your driveway contractor with an estimate to replace. I would ask them to totally go through your tractor at their expense. If the tractor is financed through New Holland Credit I would also carbon copy them. Don't make the letter a threatening letter but just one of dissapointment. I would also put in the letter that you expect them to replace your driveway and to have the dealer totally go through the tractor. I really think if New Holland finds out about it you will get further than you would with the dealer.

Just my opinion

murph

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #9  
have to agree with u, but wonder why a manufacture , be it blue, green ,orange on any color in between can put out a great tractor 99.9% of the time, then let one out that is totally junk? have seen this happen with cars and trucks also. feel sorry for the person that gets stuck with one but don't beleive it cause to throw a blanket of bad tractor on the whole line. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #10  
I am sorry about your bad luck. However if you are going to say that the New Holland tractors as a whole arent awesome units, I will, as the others have, defend them. I have not had even the slightest problem with my NH and I have done nothing but push it hard since I have owned it. It has a little over 40 hours on it now and so far it is one well built machine. Again, sorry for your bad luck. I bought a brand new truck once and it was just like your tractor. Was frustrating.
-Brad