TC 24D not a good buy!

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #11  
im still skeptical, a new poster with only 2 posts? this has the same ring to it as the "dont buy kubota" and "kubota doesnt honor warranty" posts that were being posted here before, they were all deleted i believe. maybe this is for real but it just sounds fishy to me considering the info given so far. maybe im wrong, maybe its cause i like ford and NH stuff, but it just doesnt have a very credible ring to it.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #12  
Well, whether its credible or not, who knows.. but whenever there is a post like this, I will stand up for New Holland. My tractor is one of the only things I have ever purchased that I can actually say, it is probably worth much more than I paid for it. You wont hear that much from anyone! Its one hell of a machine.
-Brad

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #13  
Let's not let this thread go the way of the backhoe, thumb warranty post....

If LAGEORGE says he has had problems with his tractor, let's take his word for it. While we don't have to blanket wrap all NH TC24Ds as he suggests, I'll take his word that he is having problems with his and wish him the best in getting it resolved. And he did say the dealer has been great and NH to some point, so maybe he will make some progress with his situation and let us know how it turns out.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #14  
LAGEORGE--

Do you condemn an entire race of people because of one bad person?

Do you hate all woman after meeting one bad one?

After reading about one bad child, do you then hate all children?

If you've eaten at the local mexican restaurant for years, and get one bad meal, do you then hate mexican food?

If you had one bad job, do you then vow to stay unemployed?

Face it, nothing is perfect. Even with the very best, you have to take the good with the bad. Nobody or nothing was even perfect, even on the best of days. Last but not least, never, ever condemn an entire group of anything because of one bad apple! End of lecture. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take the above suggestions that everyone had to work through your problem, and try not to be bitter about it. Do what you can to fix it, and make the best of a bad situation and hope that everything will work out. Life is short! Enjoy it! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Have a great day! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #15  
How did the fuel tank rupture? There have been threads regarding defective seams on plastic tanks.

One thread describes <font color="orange">Orange </font> problems with BX2200 Fuel Leak, and another with the same model at Arggh, BX2200 fuel tank leak. Not to belabor or pick on one brand, but there is also bad fuel tanks bx2200.

Not to Orange bash - you could follow the <font color="Green">Green</font> thread Fuel Leak that discusses the leaking fuel tank on a JD4300.

As you can see, <font color="blue">Blue</font> is not alone with this. Describe your problem and we'll see what TBN can do. Your silence will not help your case.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #16  
<font color="blue"> ( a new poster with only 2 posts? ) </font>

In defense of LAGEORGE: he is not a new poster - I don't think his count got reset during the crash of '03. If he is the same guy (cop in LA?), then I followed his entire decision-making process online this spring. He researched carefully, was very excited to purchase, and notified us all when he got it. I have to imagine that he is VERY frustrated with small problems and then a HUGE one. Most of us (including myself) get frustrated, but the most we lose is time. He lost his brand new driveway, which can cost a pretty penny. Can you imagine if the tank let go near his well!?

George: I'm sorry about your travails. IMHO, you have a legitimate claim against NH. I agree with others that you should work through your dealer and hold NH accountable if the tank ruptured from a defect. I have found NH to be very reasonable in handling my warranty problems. Good luck to you!

Mark

OOOps! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif He's not a cop - I thought his old picture was a SWAT van, but it was a satellite truck...

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #17  
<font color="blue"> OOOps! He's not a cop - I thought his old picture was a SWAT van, but it was a satellite truck... </font>

Well...he might have been undercover... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not sure how badly a driveway would be damaged by a fuel spill, but when it happened, wouldn't a person's home owners insurance cover repairs? Just a thought.

Let's give LAGeorge a chance to stop by again. He might actuallly be working or away on business, unlike some of us who are retired and able to stop by on a whim anytime /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have no doubt that he is frustrated with his experiences and venting a bit.

Maybe he should have titled the thread "My TC 24D was not a good buy! " /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again, too bad about your problems, LAGEORGE...

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #18  
Sorry to hear to bad luck with your tractor. I too had the left front wheel fall off mine within 15 minutes of running it. I sent it back to the dealer to get that replaced and the mmm readjust and other than that it has been flawless at 80+ hours. As others have suggests I would be contacting NH directly and see what how they handle it vs. going through the dealer as the dealer may not be truly explaining the entire situation to NH.

BTW, I also own a '99 Chevy Silverado w/ almost 80k on it. I've replace the u-joints and the 4wd switch - grand total $60 - excluding oil changes. No squeaks, rattles, or groans either except when the u-joint went bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've pulled more than I should've with this half ton truck several times including 12k+ skid steer/trailer combo w/ additional tools and gear and still get 20 MPG empty. Yeah, if that is a junk truck I'll take a dozen of them the rest of my lifetime.

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #19  
Not a good time to be posting something like this. My TC24d is due in 3-4 hours. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry to here about your problems though. Hopefully things will work out for you whatever color it ends up being.

Dave

/ TC 24D not a good buy! #20  
It can happen to any of them. A couple of days ago, my wife said look at that. There was one of the green ones, looked pretty new, with a rear wheel that had fell off and was all bent up, still kind of under the tractor. It can happen, but I would think that NH would be willing to do something about it. I would sure be asking them to.