TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #21  
How could we check to see of there are any TSB's out from NH on the issue?

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #22  
If it were me I would use nothing larger than a 10 amp breaker until the problem is found and resolved. Intermittent problems can be the hardest to find, good luck.

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #23  
jinman said:
EDIT: Here is a quote from Spencer200 about a circuit breaker replacement available from New Holland:

The 7.5 amp fuse has been replaced with an 8.0 amp circuit breaker because of repeated failures. The circuit breaker part number is 86610928 dealer list price is $7.31 but should be covered under warranty by a good dealer.

Thanks for the part number. http://www.messicks.com/ sells them for $12.19 plus shipping.

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #24  
jinman said:
I agree with Mike. That's a dangerous way to "troubleshoot" this problem. You might end up burning up more than the faulty item; like wiring or switches.

I agree completely.
Bob

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse
I’m going to stick a 15 amp fuse in and go from there. I still keep thinking that maybe the fuse is slightly underrated for the circuit. When you forget and leave the tractor in gear and try to start it, you hear a faint click, like a relay of some sort. That is the sound I hear and then the snap of the fuse. There is absolutely no attempt by the starter to pick up.

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #26  
tkcomer said:
I’m going to stick a 15 amp fuse in and go from there. I still keep thinking that maybe the fuse is slightly underrated for the circuit. When you forget and leave the tractor in gear and try to start it, you hear a faint click, like a relay of some sort. That is the sound I hear and then the snap of the fuse. There is absolutely no attempt by the starter to pick up.
Why not stop by your local auto parts store and get an 8 amp and 10 amp circuit breaker?

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #27  
Beginning to sound like a bad relay that has lost some isolation..

Soundguy

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #28  
Did you mean insulation Soundguy? Now I am confused.......

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #30  
Jim it looks to me like Waytek also carries the Contra switches. Those are made by Carlton Switch who supplies NH with their switches. Your rabbit/turtle switch is a Contra XII series

Good prices on electrical components. I ordered up one of their hard printed catalogs.