TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #31  
Good idea Mike I requested one too. More reading material for the throne. Yeeeessss! :) Thanks Mr. Inman.

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #32  
PineRidge said:
Did you mean insulation Soundguy? Now I am confused.......

"Isolation".. there are many ways for electrical contacts to be isolated.. air gaps.. epoxy potting, plastic guide channels.. plastic sheathing ( all are examples of insulation of some type or another. )-( plastic insulation on a wire is a method of isolation. So are ceramic insulator standoffs... Ever see a really old house that had non insulated wire in the walls.. they just ran bare on ceramic insulator posts.. ... Nice huh!

My comment refered tot he fact that the particular relay may not be keeping all it's contacts properly isolated, and thus allowing an intermittant 'short' circuit condition to occur. This coule be anything from loose contacts, to broken spade terminals.. or loose parts int he relay, a melted relay socket.. broken down wire insulation.. frayed wires.. etc.. could be anything... arcing inside epoxy potted modules.. etc.

In general terms a circuit that has lost isolation, is a short circuit.. that is.. at some point a part that is suposed to be isolated from another component or chassie.. etc.. isn't... etc.

Soundguy

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #33  
I thought about this thread today. I was out mowing with my NH tractor.. and was thinking ( as my tractor also had a period when it was popping fueses. AFAIK.. it all stopped when I replaced the battery.. thus I think it was a low voltage/high current issue.. etc.

Soundguy

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #34  
At 145 hours I have just experienced this problem with my 2003 TC33DA, but have noted a few oddities. The last 2 times I went to start the tractor, the first time I turned the key, I heard the click of a relay and no start. It wasn't the starter solenoid, but sounded like a relay behind the key switch. When I turned the key a second time it fired right up in both instances.

Today, no start. #2 fuse was blown, for the safety and alternator circuit. The odd thing is, the fuse I removed was a 15 amp, and the manual calls for a 10 amp. I've had the tractor since new. Has anyone else found a 15 amp fuse where the 10 should be?

Jim

/ TC-33 Blowing the #2 Fuse #35  
Jsheds said:
Today, no start. #2 fuse was blown, for the safety and alternator circuit. The odd thing is, the fuse I removed was a 15 amp, and the manual calls for a 10 amp. I've had the tractor since new. Has anyone else found a 15 amp fuse where the 10 should be?

Jim

Someone please head over to a NH delaer and look at the fuses on the new tractors and please, please let us know!!!!! Take pics :D !
Bob