TC29 4 wheel drive quit working

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working
Jim if I decide to take this to a dealer for repair how much do you think it might cost to repair this?

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #12  
Oh boy! It depends on what they find. It could be minor and a few hundred dollars or major and $1k plus. I have no expertise in pricing one of these jobs, but a dealer's service manager could estimate with some accuracy. The problem is that there is no cover you can remove to easily inspect the differential. You can drop the driveline and look at the pinion shaft, but you have to split the axle to inspect the ring gear, ring gear mounting and bolts, and the pinion shaft. Read this post and look at the photos for a 1720. Yours is probably very similar. You might want to read the whole thread.

ok jim I think I am going to just break down and take this to the dealer... I need to use this tractor and really don't have the time for a major overhaul of the front end. Do you or anyone no of a dealer close to Athens ohio I could contact???

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #14  
Hopefully it's something simple and they can get to it fairly quickly. The 3 dealers in my area all were looking at 1.5-2 weeks before they could even look at it. Then there's the time to order parts.....etc.

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #15  
I'm nowhere close to Ohio, so my suggestions would be something below worthless.:eek: We have lots of Ohio members and hopefully they will see your post and help.

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #16  
Gallipolis, Caldwell, Zanesville.
Look on the New Holland site for other dealers.
Remember it is fair time and these guys are spread thin with equipment on display
at the fairs and their employees are doing fair duty as well.

thanx jim I found a dealer about an hour from me... I will get back on the forum when the job is complete and let you know what it is... thanx again

Pacerron. Thanx for the reply to my post. Great point about the fairs. I am going to go with the Dealer in Carroll Ohio which is about an hour from me but they seem like nice folks on the phone. I have dealt with the dealer in Gallipolis in the past and even though they are only 20 miles from me I was not happy with them in the past... Thank you.

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #19  
thanx jim I found a dealer about an hour from me... I will get back on the forum when the job is complete and let you know what it is... thanx again

Good luck! I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope it's something simple.:)

/ TC29 4 wheel drive quit working #20  
All your 4wd shift lever works but does the shaft going into the transmission rotate when the lever is moved? Most use a roll pin to hold lever to tranny shaft. A lot of the time that pin shears.