tc45d pto problem

/ tc45d pto problem
jinman i have a 6' bushog on the tractor with the engine at idle and pto off the blades are still turning at a slow speed.
Were is the best place to get a maint. manual for this tractor?

/ tc45d pto problem #12  
I don't know how old your TC45D is. There were PTO Brake problems for tractor serial numbers after G524944 to approximately G604974, recall campaign 000250 from New Holland. This was covered in the thread: New Holland Safety Recall. Read the post from techinNY near the end of the thread.

/ tc45d pto problem #13  
h10doc said:
Were is the best place to get a maint. manual for this tractor?

This site buys and sells manuals. I have used them. You just have to keep checking for your manual. You can buy a whole service set for about 1/2 price (maybe a bit more) of new typically. You can always order direct from New Holland either hard copy or CD.

~paul

/ tc45d pto problem #14  
DocHeb said:
I don't know how old your TC45D is. There were PTO Brake problems for tractor serial numbers after G524944 to approximately G604974, recall campaign 000250 from New Holland. This was covered in the thread: New Holland Safety Recall. Read the post from techinNY near the end of the thread.

Chris, you did a great job of digging up that old thread. Even if h10doc's tractor is not one of those serial numbers, I'd bet he has an identical problem. To better show the issue, I copied part diagram from NH's website and am attaching it here with a description of the parts below.

In the diagram, part no. 11 is the PTO brake plate. It is what the recall was about and replacement does not require splitting the tractor since the plate is just bolted in place with two bolts. Notice at the top of the diagram, there are two additional part 11s that show different configurations of that same part.

Now, look at part number 20. That's the PTO clutch/brake pack fully assembled as it goes onto the PTO shaft. Notice the ear that sticks up. When the PTO is disengaged, that ear rotates around until it finds the slot in the brake stop plate no. 11. When it's in the slot, the brake slows and stops PTO operation within a few seconds. If part number 20 is defective, the tractor will have to be split to replace the part(s).

This is what the recall was all about and also the problem I think h10doc is having with his tractor.

h10doc: The maintenance manual tells a lot about disassembly of this part, but I think DocHeb can verify that it does not give you a lot of detail about how all the parts work. It does a great job of describing the clutch and the hydraulic flow, but very little about brake operation. In this regard, the manual is very lacking.

With all this info, h10doc should be fully supplied with all the info he needs to talk to his dealer. Hopefully, the dealer's service manager will be familiar with the recall campaign and be able fix his PTO brake without additional cost to him.

Attachments

• nhimage[1].jpg
    nhimage[1].jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 588
   / tc45d pto problem
THANKS FOR THE HELP YA'LL I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY DEALER THERE WAS A RECALL AND MY S/N FALLS IN THE RANGE. BAD NEWS IS THE RECALL EXPIRED IN 2005 SO THERE CALLING N/H TO SEE WHAT WE CAN WORK OUT.
DID N/H SEND A MAILER OUT BECAUSE I NEVER GOT ONE AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS ISSUE AT ALL.
THANKS FOR THE HELP AGAIN AND I'LL KEEP POSTING ON WHATS GOING ON.

/ tc45d pto problem #16  
h10doc said:
DID N/H SEND A MAILER OUT BECAUSE I NEVER GOT ONE AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS ISSUE AT ALL.

In the thread I referenced above, there is a copy of a recall letter. There is no mention of a cut-off date for the recall in that letter.

/ tc45d pto problem
DocHeb, i agree with you and if it is a safty issue how can you put a deadline date on it. But this is what the dealer has told me maybe i hope the will fix it under the recall time will tell.

/ tc45d pto problem #18  
h10doc said:
DocHeb, i agree with you and if it is a safty issue how can you put a deadline date on it. But this is what the dealer has told me maybe i hope the will fix it under the recall time will tell.

Ken, did you buy your TC45D new or used. If you bought it new and didn't get the recall letter, then I would certainly agree that NH is still responsible for doing your repair. If you bought used from an individual, then NH may have mailed the letter to that person and that's why you never got it.

All this is just idle talk until you find out what your dealer says. I would think as a minimum that NH would at least reimburse the dealer at his 2005 rate, but you never know how this might turn out if the recall account has already been closed by NH's finance department. We'll just hope for the best.

You know...the thought occurs to me that if the brake tab was sheared off, you might have some foreign material in teh bottom of your transmission. What concerns me is that it might get into the MFWD gearbox that sits at the lowest point. This has the potential of being a lot larger problem than a simple recall fix. Hope not...

/ tc45d pto problem
Jim, I bought the tractor brand new from a local dealer so far N/H and dealer has always take very good care of me with other small issues. All we can do is give it some time and see how this works out. I would be happy if i got the parts under the recall and i did the labor.But thanks for all the help Jim and everyone. I'll let ya'll know the outcome. Ken

/ tc45d pto problem
my dealer just called and there going to repair the tractor at NO COST....GO BLUE