tc45d pto problem

/ tc45d pto problem #22  
This thread has brought up a question on dealer service of tractors.. vs.. say.. automobiles.

for instance.. when i take my truck into my dealer, he does a 'search' for any 'campaigns' that need to be done on the truck.

I take it then that tractor dealers don't do this sort of thing? IE.. search the SN range for possible recall / repair campaigns?

If not.. sure would be a good idea. Even if it is not a corporate reimbursement.. and was an 'owner cost'. i wouldn't mind klnow ing and having the option of having the service done.. if it was important.. etc.

Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on this issue?

Soundguy

/ tc45d pto problem
well got the tractor back and NO FIX had to take it right back to the dealer there going to call me this A.M. and let me know what they find are think..I'll keep ya'll uppdated

/ tc45d pto problem #24  
I have thoughts, not knowledge:

I've read enough moaning from dealers that they're not making enough on warranty work, therefore rationalizing their mistreatment of tractor owners that didn't buy from them (scheduling last, refusing to do work, etc.) I would suspect that recall work probably falls into the same category and would be a disincentive to do a "campaign" search.

/ tc45d pto problem #25  
If it was important enough.. I'd pay out of my pocket for it... I'd hate to think a 25$ part the dealer didn't want to install for free would tear up a 25K$ machine down the road once it's out of warranty..

I guess it's a double edged sword though.. once the dealer does the campaign search and lets you know about it.. he's on the hook for it.

Another idea would be to inform customers with machines out of warranty that a campaign exists that has parts that they -should- get upgraded.

now that might be a money maker...hmm??

Soundguy

/ tc45d pto problem #26  
h10doc said:
my dealer just called and there going to repair the tractor at NO COST....GO BLUE

The TC55DA had a recall about that. Never happend to me, but I do remember the mechanic doing the recall on my tractor.

/ tc45d pto problem #27  
h10doc said:
well got the tractor back and NO FIX had to take it right back to the dealer there going to call me this A.M. and let me know what they find are think..I'll keep ya'll uppdated

Now that is what bothers me the most. You take something in for a "simple" repair and it comes back not fixed. :(

/ tc45d pto problem
I talked to the dealer today and just as we thought it was the pto clutch/brake pack that was bad and not the pto brake recall issue. There going to go ahead and fix the problem now and give me a brake on the labor cost due to down time and missing the problem the first time. I'll keep ya'll updated.Next time i'm just going to do my own maint.

/ tc45d pto problem
Ok got the tractor back and its fixed now. I have to say the dealer has done a great job with the cost due to there mistake in not fixing it right the first time. Yes I was out of the tractor longer than I should have been but they (the dealer) addmited there mistake and made up for it with the cost.The final fix was the pto clutch/brake was bad.

/ tc45d pto problem #30  
h10doc said:
Ok got the tractor back and its fixed now. I have to say the dealer has done a great job with the cost due to there mistake in not fixing it right the first time. Yes I was out of the tractor longer than I should have been but they (the dealer) addmited there mistake and made up for it with the cost.The final fix was the pto clutch/brake was bad.

'Atsa nice!:D

Even though it was not your fault in the beginning, I'd bet you will be really careful with PTO engagement in the future.;)