TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block #2  
Likely used to drain block (in addition to draining radiator) when replacing coolant.

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block #3  
It is part 87301397 You can see it on messicks parts diagram as #28.

New Holland (TC45DA) - 4 CYL COMPACT TRACTOR (5/5-5/7) Parts Diagrams

It is a small drain cock on the side of the block above the oil filter. Anyone know what the purpose of this is?

Mine is dripping antifreeze.

thanks
david

Purpose: to drain coolant, or to leak it when you don't want it to. :confused3:
If it's leaking from the end of the 'pipe' threads I'd see if a metal tire cap from a tire air fill valve would fit the threads. (Most any tire store should have them). If so clean the threads put some Teflon tape on the clean threads and then put the metal cap on and see if it stops leaking. If you can't get something to cap the fitting and stop if from leaking best bet would be to drain the coolant into a clean container while the engine is cold and not running, then plug the hole with the proper thread plug and when you change coolant undo the plug until all coolant is out. Then use same plug, reinsert it before filling the radiator with coolant and check for leaks after air is bled off from entire cooling system.

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block
it is leaking out the drain. I've tried tightening it and it still drips.

I'd hate to have to drain anything out this as it is only 1/4" in diameter. :)

david

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block #5  
I think you meant part number SBA198736270. Looks like this?

Attachments

• sba198736270.jpg
    sba198736270.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 205
Yes, that. I guess I cut-n-pasted the wrong thing.

Mine doesn't have a hose attached to it.

I've thought about attaching a hose and have it "drain" back into the coolant overflow tank :)

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block #9  
If you just tighten the valve stopper bolt and not cinch the lock nut, they tend to not leak as much. The lock nut slightly pulls the bolt back some....try to snug both at the same time.

/ TC45DA drain cock on cylinder block #10  
I think you meant part number SBA198736270. Looks like this?

To the OP: if the part shown by Ford850 is the part, you're saying the nipple pointing down is where the coolant is leaking from? If so, you can try what was suggested by the poster who suggested snugging up the brass colored screw, after loosening the locknut, to allow the screw's plunger/washer to seat better, thus solving your problem. Otherwise if it still leaks, I'd put a small length of fuel line or similar on the drain tube and then stick a golf tee or a small bolt wrapped in Teflon tape; then apply a cable tie to the hose to keep the bolt in place. Check for leaks, if none, check it regularly.