Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change
Why not get the arms that Kioti has and uses everywhere else in the world, xcept N. America, with the claws already in them? I'm sure the dealer can get them for you.
You may be able to sell the current ones and the new ones may not be all that much more than Pat's with all the bells & whistles. I like Pat's, but the added 4 or 6" can be a problem as you may have to also change the PTO shaft.

Trillium Farm when you say claws are you referring to a hook type connection like Pat's? Are they telescoping?

^^^^^ I concur ^^^^^

From the hundreds of posts on T-B-N regarding Pat's EZ Change it is clear steel used is good. Few reports of failures.

However, Pat's while adequate for 90% of tractor tasks has only a fraction of the strength of factory telescoping Lower Links.

If you have greater than moderate ground engagement tasks in mind, particularly PUSHING a ground engagement implement in reverse, go with telescoping Lower Links, not Pat's.

Thanks Jeff but the strength of Pat's is not a concern for me.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #23  
Although I don't have Pat's, I have what most likely Pat's is based on. The standard European Quick hook style:

View attachment 631656

In my opinion, this style is much stronger than the Pat's one, plus it's already welded on the lift arms, so no extra length there. The ball allows for more freedom of movement to prevent binding on any height position and allows you to offset the implement to one side or the other if it really needs. It will also self latch once the ball gets in.

Now, this style of hook won't need telescoping arms but it will surely benefit from telescopic stabilizers as it prevents the arm from moving around when trying to hook up to an implement.

Why not get the arms that Kioti has and uses everywhere else in the world, xcept N. America, with the claws already in them? I'm sure the dealer can get them for you.
You may be able to sell the current ones and the new ones may not be all that much more than Pat's with all the bells & whistles. I like Pat's, but the added 4 or 6" can be a problem as you may have to also change the PTO shaft.

I believe that Kioti has the Euro styl QH hooks as an option. They simply replace the extendable link slide in part with a slide in hook. :cool:

The balls that the Euro hitch connect on are typically left in place on each implement. ;)

Top link QH also pictured.

This style of hitch is similar but better then the Pat's,
If people could see and use them it would end many of the quick hitch / Pats discussions.
They are quick and easy to hitch up,
I back into my implement and depending on how square I am I may get out and use my external
3 pt lift control or many times I will back in and if not perfectly square I'll raise my lift arms so the hook
part is just below the ball and then back up a bit more to line up the other side raise the lift arm,
get out and latch the balls in raise any implement jack connect the top link and go.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #24  
This style of hitch is similar but better then the Pat's,
If people could see and use them it would end many of the quick hitch / Pats discussions.
They are quick and easy to hitch up,
I back into my implement and depending on how square I am I may get out and use my external
3 pt lift control or many times I will back in and if not perfectly square I'll raise my lift arms so the hook
part is just below the ball and then back up a bit more to line up the other side raise the lift arm,

get out and latch the balls in raise any implement jack connect the top link and go.

EXACTLY. Why anyone fights manually lining their implement up is beyond me. :confused: This applies to any type quick hitch that I know of.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #25  
I vote for telescoping update.

I see no reason to add Pat's to telescoping links.

I think the time difference to hitch an implement, Pat's versus Telescoping, would be measured in a few seconds. Definitely less than a minute.

I have never owned Pat's, but did own Carters which were similar. I now have the OEM Kioti Telescoping links, and really like them. I got rid of the Carters when I got the Kioti. The Carters were far better than the OEM Kubota on the L3400 "standard L" Kubota, but the Telescoping links are superior. YMMV.

Are lift arms pretty standard? For example, would Kubota typically fit Kioti if the lengths were the same?

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #27  
Are lift arms pretty standard? For example, would Kubota typically fit Kioti if the lengths were the same?

Quick answer, no. Pin sizes, angles, total length can all vary.

What tractor are you dealing with? Your Kioti should have an OEM solution. The fixed links are std for your model, but I would think that they would have an option or 2 for your tractor.

Quick answer, no. Pin sizes, angles, total length can all vary.

What tractor are you dealing with? Your Kioti should have an OEM solution. The fixed links are std for your model, but I would think that they would have an option or 2 for your tractor.

Thanks Brian. I did talk to my dealer recently. They have a telescoping lift arm set including stabilizers which I think are pin adjustable. I hopefully will get more info on it tomorrow. I will also ask if they have anything with the Euro style ends. Asking regarding other makes just to see if a wider choice range is possible.

Am I correct in understanding that you sell the Euro ends that could be welded onto the lift arms though they would not be extendable?

Yes this is for the DK5010. Only one we have.

Richard

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #29  
EXACTLY. Why anyone fights manually lining their implement up is beyond me. :confused: This applies to any type quick hitch that I know of.

I use the quick hitch as opposed to pats. Getting lined up was an issue the first couple times I used it. It now comes naturally. I am a hobby farm so it is not like I am doing is dozens of times per day. I can hook my tiller or bush hog up in under 3 minutes.

/ Telescoping Lower Links vs Pat's Easy Change #30  
I have never owned Pat's, but did own Carters which were similar. I now have the OEM Kioti Telescoping links, and really like them. I got rid of the Carters when I got the Kioti. The Carters were far better than the OEM Kubota on the L3400 "standard L" Kubota, but the Telescoping links are superior. YMMV.

^^ +1

I have Pat's on my non-telescoping Mahindra 3PH and they work well with the optional spreader bar.

The Kioti telescoping 3PH arms work very well as is and I see no need to mess with that system unless I were to get the Kioti "Euro-claws".