Tell me about cylinder safety locks

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #21  
Our JD310 only has a safety latch on one FEL lift cylinder. It is quarter inch steel and very stout.
The safety gets a lot of use since on that model the hood can only be opened when the bucket is raised - which is one of the the disadvantages of having a single bucket tilt cylinder right in the middle.
rScotty

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 8.46.46 AM.png

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #22  
Most construction equipment has or needs only one loader safety lift lock.
Hope awareness pushes the manufacturers to include on more Ag tractors.

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks
Thinking I saw some dudes utube vid from Australia with a 3901 (same FEL)? He claimed it came with locks/stops, has storage under the station or something.

Never did find the parts, rigged some DIY fashion.

Attachments

• 20240110_183355.jpg
    20240110_183355.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks
I service my tractor in my barn. I raise the loader bucket, then use 5/16” chain around the loader crosspiece to secure it to the steel roof truss in case of hydraulic failure.
@jyoutz, your comment has stuck, had to digest for a bit, nuke some of my lazy...

After futzing around w/angle iron, I rearranged the shop to park under a truss, wrapped a chain around it and the middle of the FEL crossbar. Less of a pain, I like it much more!!!

FYI - the SSQA FEL pulls/weighs 250lbs (tested w/a scale beforehand - wasn't sure what to expect)

Now too get rid of 1/2 of the 10lbs in that 5lb bag of a shop.

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #25  
@jyoutz, your comment has stuck, had to digest for a bit, nuke some of my lazy...

After futzing around w/angle iron, I rearranged the shop to park under a truss, wrapped a chain around it and the middle of the FEL crossbar. Less of a pain, I like it much more!!!

FYI - the SSQA FEL pulls/weighs 250lbs (tested w/a scale beforehand - wasn't sure what to expect)

Now too get rid of 1/2 of the 10lbs in that 5lb bag of a shop.
I’m glad that it worked for you. It seemed like an easy and logical solution to me. Providing that your truss is capable of holding the load in the event of hydraulic failure. And yes I hear you about shop cleanup. A few years ago I had a roll off dumpster parked by my barn and managed to fill it in one week with junk.