Tell me about cylinder safety locks

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks
If I wasn't parallel and between trusses, I too would chain and not worry.

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #12  
IMG_1451.jpeg

Caution anyone using loader locks to cushion them with rubber to not nick the chrome cylinder rods. OEM lock has a rubber bumper.

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #13  
I either tie up the bucket on the sealing lift point in the shop or I put stands under the loader lift arms or even better I remove the FEL which is quick connect so it is very quick, these are standard practice in the industry, I have never seen cylinder lock but they should work, like other pointing out as long as it doesn't damage anything.

1704625225981.png

Last edited:
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks #14  
Simple, heavy strut will do it, but if you are worried about 1, use 2.

Attachments

• 20240107_093704.jpg
    20240107_093704.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks
Do you apply any pressure/weight at the contact point(s) from the FEL once in place?

/ Tell me about cylinder safety locks #16  
Do you apply any pressure from the FEL once in place?
No. Raise the loader (FEL), secure the brace, shut off tractor and lower the loader down on the brace(s). Relieve any line pressure on lift circuit.

Word of caution. At this point of bracing the lift arms, you need to decide whether you want the bucket tilted back and it will stay OR put the bucket in full dump, shut off engine and cycle the bucket circuit to relieve pressure.
IF THE BUCKET EDGE HANGS DOWN LOWER THAN 6'6" +/-, HANG FLAGS OFF OF THE EDGE OR PUT FOAM CUSTIONING ON EDGE!

Attachments

• 20240107_171535.jpg
    20240107_171535.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks #17  
If you are going to use the cylinder safety locks, definitely use 2. With only one, when you decide to lower the loader while having a brainfart, your loader could look decidedly different than when you started. Ask me how I know.
These are the ones I use on a BX23.

Attachments

• ramsupport2.jpg
    ramsupport2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks #19  
If you are going to use the cylinder safety locks, definitely use 2. With only one, when you decide to lower the loader while having a brainfart, your loader could look decidedly different than when you started. Ask me how I know.
These are the ones I use on a BX23.
Thanks for the pics, I'll be copying your design Very soon. Are those supports mad of 1/2 sections of pipe? They don't look like angle iron.

Last edited:
   / Tell me about cylinder safety locks #20  
Thanks for the pics, I'll be copying your design Very soon. Are those supports mad of 1/2 sections of pipe? They don't look like angle iron.
Yep, that's exactly what they are and the curved ends are the outside shells of euchered bearings.