Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,711  
I couldn't imagine there's someone in this country who doesn't actually know the significance of 867-5309('ein), but if there is, they should consider themselves lucky. The damn thing hit no.1 on the Billboard Charts in 1982, and hung in there way longer than it ever deserved to. @stuckmotor just cursed them with that damn ear worm. :D
I had to look them up and thought I'd share my new found knowledge.;-)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,712  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,714  
Only acceptable if you're over 65 or younger than 30. :p I would almost guarantee there is no Gen.X that doesn't have that number memorized.
I don't think there was a way to avoid having it etched into your brain....

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,715  
Only acceptable if you're over 65 or younger than 30. :p I would almost guarantee there is no Gen.X that doesn't have that number memorized.
I'm not only over 65, I'm L7 and I only learned that means square last week.:-\

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,716  
I'm not only over 65, I'm L7 and I only learned that means square last week.:-\
Hah, now you're teaching me one. Well, your youth was filled with cooler cars and better music, than we had in the 1980's.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,717  
Hah, now you're teaching me one. Well, your youth was filled with cooler cars and better music, than we had in the 1980's.
Most of our car seats wouldn't recline and it's mighty nice to lean back against those new fangled headrests on long trips. It seemed like we were always changing plugs and points, too. ;-)

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,718  
Well, your youth was filled with cooler cars and better music, than we had in the 1980's.
Well, you're right about cars...can't think offhand of ANY cool cars from the 80s, but I thought the music was pretty good. And this is from a guy who was over 30 that entire decade!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,719  
579CE87D-EF7B-45B3-9E3C-18F9A7B53339.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,720  
Back before dialing the area code was mandatory, and you could just dial a "1" before the phone number for long distance within your area code, we had a neighbor whose phone number happened to be 234-5678. Sounded like it would be a great number to have, but they finally asked to have it changed because the got too many calls from toddlers playing with a phone.
My in-laws phone number was one digit off from a large local Holiday Inn and they got calls constantly people asking for a room. So 51 years ago when I met my wife I said let me answer. I did and started booking rooms, saying we had a special rate going on, giving a confirmation number, etc. Within a week the Holiday Inn changed their number.
That's when wife's parents knew I was the one.