temporary relay defeat

/ temporary relay defeat
My owner manual does not ID the relays. From the schematic, I am pretty sure the gray relays are not the timer; they appear to be Neutral start, PTO safety start, ect. The yellow one appears to be for the turn signals.

I'm guessing it is one of those at the bottom of the picture. One is partially obscured by the wire harness.

Attachments

• DSCN0837.JPG
    DSCN0837.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 985
   / temporary relay defeat #12  
It's the blue topped one in the lower left of your picture that says "NGK Lamp Timer." Look closely and you'll see it has a special New Holland part number. Don't even bother trying to find a replacement. It probably exists, but is hidden in secrecy so you are stuck paying "full fare.":(

BTW: Is that good high quality organic dirt from California?;)

/ temporary relay defeat
Yup, that there is the finest in foothill Auburn/Gabro soil sample collections :D

Online the timer is $67. I'll have my local guy order it(probably same price, but has been real good to deal with on the old Farmall I used to have, and my old Kubota).

It's the blue topped one in the lower left of your picture that says "NGK Lamp Timer."

BTW: Is that good high quality organic dirt from California?;)

/ temporary relay defeat #14  
Robert, I looked at the circuit and there is a simple jumper you can do to get the tractor started if you want. The glow plug TIMER just supplies a ground to the coil of the glow plug POWER relay. With the plug removed from the TIMER, jumper pin 3 to pin 6 in the plug and you'll get glow plugs ON. Hold this for 5 or 6 seconds, remove jumper, and then quickly hit the ignition switch and I'll bet it will fire right off. This is a low current circuit, so a tiny little jumper wire will work fine.

Edit: If you look into the back of the plug, pins 3 and 6 are the pins where the black and brown wires attach. The orange and white wires are power to the timer.

/ temporary relay defeat #16  
Robert, I looked at the circuit and there is a simple jumper you can do to get the tractor started if you want. The glow plug TIMER just supplies a ground to the coil of the glow plug POWER relay. With the plug removed from the TIMER, jumper pin 3 to pin 6 in the plug and you'll get glow plugs ON. Hold this for 5 or 6 seconds, remove jumper, and then quickly hit the ignition switch and I'll bet it will fire right off. This is a low current circuit, so a tiny little jumper wire will work fine.

Edit: If you look into the back of the plug, pins 3 and 6 are the pins where the black and brown wires attach. The orange and white wires are power to the timer.

This is handy to know. I've replaced this timer once. The next time I'm installing a puch button which will make me the timer. Now I know how to connect it.

/ temporary relay defeat #17  
This is handy to know. I've replaced this timer once. The next time I'm installing a puch button which will make me the timer. Now I know how to connect it.

Me too! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice. . .ain't gonna happen.:D

/ temporary relay defeat #19  
You know, Robert, if you drag this out long enough, it'll be summer and you won't need the darn glowplugs.;):laughing:

/ temporary relay defeat
This afternoon. It is out of the 20's, and at 55 yesterday; sure it would have started. But, it woulda started rough. I don't think the timer has worked since I got this thing last year(Super Bowl Sunday...). It'll be for the best :D

Now off to shop and stuff for wife's bday... priorities...

You know, Robert, if you drag this out long enough, it'll be summer and you won't need the darn glowplugs.;):laughing: