Terex PT-100G forestry

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #11  
new pt is 3 1/2 inches shorter with 30 gallon fuel tank 4 gallons more

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #12  
Has anyone even seen a demo?

Southeast Industrial is putting on a demo this Friday at thier location in the Charleston/Summerville area.

I haven't decided if I will attend yet or not, but if I do I will post some feedback on the machine.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #13  
Its not too far for me, but i have to finish the job im on now. What time is the demo?

/ Terex PT-100G forestry
I was trying to wait till I had a chance to mulch with it but not happening any time soon. I did get to drive it with the head and it handled the head better than the F (all of this is my opinion) The track width is awsome, looks like one fat track driving away from you. Gaurding is good and it hinge's out as far as possible. The cab seems about the same as the F, maybe a little wider. I was not able to mulch due to a head issue, I was actually there to work on another problem and the G was there. No the issue was not with our head.:D

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #16  
What time is the demo?

November 12th from 11am to 6pm

It will have a cutting head on it and an area to test it out as well.

Last edited:
   / Terex PT-100G forestry #17  
Looks like my concerns were unfounded and I was wrong , thanks Robbie .

Iron Horse...I apologize if my post came across the wrong way. I actually thought you did provide an interesting assessment based on the fact that you come from a background in larger "production type" machines. I hope you took no offense.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #18  
No offense taken at all , thank you for your concern .

The fears I had seemed logical because of the points I mentioned , but Robbie has now driven it and indicates that the G handles the weight well although I hope someone reverses it up an incline at the demo to see what it does .

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #19  
What price would you expect to pay for the new PT-100G?
I was quoted $78,587 then $75,000 from another dealer both without a head or bucket. Then I heard a dealer up north is letting them go for around $70,000. I just don't want to be the guy that paid 5k more than anyone else.

/ Terex PT-100G forestry #20  
Southeast Industrial is putting on a demo this Friday at thier location in the Charleston/Summerville area.

I haven't decided if I will attend yet or not, but if I do I will post some feedback on the machine.

DR , did you go to the demo ?

Did anyone else ?

I'm curious to know if the G will reverse up an incline with a mulching head attached as this is a regular requirement when working in the scrub .