Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build
Nice work on your floor prep! I have 8 unopened 5 gallon buckets of Ecoline R
and 1 of the T I need to move out. You can have for shipping cost. Let me know. I agree the mesh helps a lot. I vacuumed the valleys several times... standing water seems to dissolve the stuff if applied too thick.

Bob

Thanks Bob, Can you get a price on freight between your location in Pa and Fort Smith Ar. I will pay shipping. I used Old Dominion Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. to ship from Kansas to Fort Smith Ar last time. Let me know which freight company you could use.

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #432  
Ok..... I'll work on getting the shipping cost. What is the Zip Code?

Ok..... I'll work on getting the shipping cost. What is the Zip Code?

Our zip code is 74955 but I don't want home delivery I will drive to the local trucking depot to pick up for the cost savings. Fort Smith Ar is where I picked up the last load but any close city will be good.

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #434  
Our zip code is 74955 but I don't want home delivery I will drive to the local trucking depot to pick up for the cost savings. Fort Smith Ar is where I picked up the last load but any close city will be good.

Also wise to drive to the local trucking depot so your shipment doesn't sit there while you wait for them to get around to delivering it.

Sam, you are doing a great job on your house. Your attention to detail on stopping all sources of roof leak will pay off in a big way. Excellent work.

Steve

Also wise to drive to the local trucking depot so your shipment doesn't sit there while you wait for them to get around to delivering it.

Sam, you are doing a great job on your house. Your attention to detail on stopping all sources of roof leak will pay off in a big way. Excellent work.

Steve

Thanks Steve,
The EPRO representative told me to cover the roof directly after applying their product or risk it creaking. I opted to seal and wait and make sure our primary water proofing works then apply and secondary system. I am sure after we clean and apply a second application to the few leaks we have using the mesh material and some more Ecoline R we will be leak free.

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #436  
Mr Sam

I again hesitate to suggest you making sure the mesh is thoroughly applied (possibly twice with the big mesh) in the critical areas on the roof where possible water could leek through any joints.....The picture you posted looked good, but remember the mesh give the strength to the `gunk` to stay in place......Obviously i have some experience with this....Tony

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #437  
I did have a problem with finding a PEX manifold which has 3/4" outputs. I wanted to use 3/4" PEX to an area and then break out to multiple feeds.

Here you go

109156.jpg

3/4", 4-Loop Manifold Assembly

Item# 109158
These Manifold Assemblies, with thermostatic control, are ideal for water distribution in radiant heating systems.

Manifold Assemblies and Accessories - FarmTek

Sam you thread is great I start digging to find some thing and learn some thing new!

tom

Here you go

109156.jpg

3/4", 4-Loop Manifold Assembly

Item# 109158
These Manifold Assemblies, with thermostatic control, are ideal for water distribution in radiant heating systems.

Manifold Assemblies and Accessories - FarmTek

Sam you thread is great I start digging to find some thing and learn some thing new!

tom

Tom,
I have found the 3/4 may be the inlet size. This one you linked to doesn't identify inlet and outlet sizes. I am just not sure and I haven't found a site that spells out a 1 inch inlet and 3/4 outlet. Thanks

/ Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #439  

Sam,

I contacted OD Trucking and they only service commercial customers. I got a quote from Fed EX of 962.50 for the 9 containers @ 360 lbs. This seems way too much... Any suggestions?

FYI..... We made up our own PEX manifolds for only a fraction of the cost. Also plan on making the PEX manifold for the water distribution as well.

Bob

Attachments

• DSC01591.jpg
    DSC01591.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 667
   / Terra-Dome Earth Shelter Build #440  
Sam,

I contacted OD Trucking and they only service commercial customers. I got a quote from Fed EX of 962.50 for the 9 containers @ 360 lbs. This seems way too much... Any suggestions?

Bob

Give SAIA or USF/Reddaway, or Conway trucking a call. I've picked up stuff from these terminals. USF has a number of names after the slash depending on the part of the country your in.