Terragrinder

/ Terragrinder #12  
Not sure what you are trying to say...
How about "....not legally drill a well in Florida...."?

Yes, that’s better.
You implied it was his land...
...you know, where if it was he could put a hole In the ground without somebody else’s permission.

Last edited:
   / Terragrinder
I can give more details if wanted but the product I gave a link too in initial post is not gonna work for me. The product is misrepresented. Maybe it works but the additional add ons needed not mentioned in the initial sales pitch put the gamble out of my comfort zone

/ Terragrinder #14  
I can give more details if wanted but the product I gave a link too in initial post is not gonna work for me. The product is misrepresented. Maybe it works but the additional add ons needed not mentioned in the initial sales pitch put the gamble out of my comfort zone

I have a 41' well (in sand) that I did by myself.
I dug a 10' deep pit, and built concrete block sidewalls (about 7' square).
Then I used a 6" dia. hand posthole auger, using extensions, to go down another 20'
Then I used a piece of 2" schedule 40 pipe, with an piece of 1-1/4" steel pipe temporarily inside to support a 100 lb driving weight.
The 1-1/4" pipe was used to drive on the inside bottom of a 3' - 8 slot stainless steel well point, and then removed.

The depth from ground surface to the bottom of the point is 41'
That well has been providing me with water since 1965.

/ Terragrinder #17  
My Dad and I used well points to drive several wells in the 20’ to 30’ deep range back home in Montana.

He had access to a driver (two man) that was like a steel fence post driver, but it would drive 3” to 4” pipe. That said it was very hard work.

Once my Dad rigged up a scaffold and used a pulley and cable with a bare rim on the truck. He would wrap the cable around the wheel a few times and with the truck jacked up and idling in first gear then he would snub the cable and the driver would be raised up and then he would let go and the driver would slam down.

/ Terragrinder
My Dad and I used well points to drive several wells in the 20’ to 30’ deep range back home in Montana.

He had access to a driver (two man) that was like a steel fence post driver, but it would drive 3” to 4” pipe. That said it was very hard work.

Once my Dad rigged up a scaffold and used a pulley and cable with a bare rim on the truck. He would wrap the cable around the wheel a few times and with the truck jacked up and idling in first gear then he would snub the cable and the driver would be raised up and then he would let go and the driver would slam down.

Ive heard of this several times, I know that my now deceased neighbor used this method to drive a well in his backyard.

I just cant quite picture it and would be more interested in more specific details of how this works exactly, do you know of a place online where I can get some specific instruction?