TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB
It was great to take my wife out to eat and a little shopping for her and come back to some wonderful replies. I also talked her into going by the John Deere Dealer and Kubota dealer, so I could look at both the 4720 and 5030 at night with lights, in 20 degree F, you know I have tractor disease bad, is it cureable. I've been that way on every piece of equipment I've ever bought, which has been several, just like a kid with no brains. Thanks Tree Guy, for all your comparisons, I have looked and ran thru many of the same things 3 or 4 times, its really nice to get to know some of you. I'm going again Monday to drive each one at least thiry minutes to one hour each, when it doubt whip it out and keep test driving. I did also notice tonight, that the deere loader innerlocks with a solid square bar with hooks underneath the front weight bumper. Tree Tarzan, just because the 4720 has a larger tank do you feel it is that much more fuel ineffecient. I felt it was probably close to the same. I did like what you had to state about the turbo, in years past research the turbo can be more maintenance and when you run the tractor hard, it is important to let it cool down, but you have to know most individuals don't do that. I asked my wife which one she would like for X-MAS. and she laughed and said she didn't care, get what I wanted. I asked which one she liked and she said she would buy the certain one because of the color. Everyone needs a good women Have a great day tomorrow, thanks Chase P.S. Tree man, where is your joystick located for the loader in the cab, the joystick is located in a great place on the John Deere, on the right fender. The 5030 I have been testing with cab has no loader and the 4720 w cab has a loader, going to have a great day tomorrow and kick *&(*&(&$#@()*&

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #22  
Hiya Chase -

I don't have a cab version, but the loader control is a "fly-by-wire" job mounted just to the right of the operator's seat. "5030" had a 5030HSTC before he traded it in on his M9000, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a PM from you asking him how he liked it. While you're at it, he knows a LOT about tractors, maybe ask him straight-up which one you should buy. I'm SURE he won't be biased, just because his username is "5030". /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fuel consumption rates were conspicuously absent from JD's website, but I'd have to believe the JD uses more, turbo efficiency notwithstanding. After all, it does have more HP, no disputing that.

Lastly, even though the JD has certain added features, I think the 5030 has a big edge in some very important raw numbers. 3ph lift difference is considerable, check out the slick external lift cylinders on the 'Bota. Ditto the beefy casting on the rear end/gearcase, and beefy front axle. The 5030 is a beast, no doubt about it. A VERY reliable beast too.

Per CowboyDoc's suggestion to compare smaller JD's to the 5030, I haven't had time to, but it's a good idea. I'd have to think though that in doing so the 5030 would just start to look better and better.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope your wife likes orange - I know I do. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have fun shopping!

John

Tarzan Tree Man, If I buy the Kubota, are you coming to Ky to help me celebrate and hook up the 3rd valve for the root grapple airborne, Fulcher /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #24  
The lifting capacity really isn't an issue. The Deere will lift all the Kubota will. No two companies measure at the same place. This has been discussed ad nauseum on here in the past. Just do a search and you can read all night on it.

I'm really kind of confused at to what the comparison is? It's kind of like comparing the RTV to the Gator HPX. There's no doubt the RTV is superior to the HPX. In this case there's no question that the 4720 is far superior to the 5030 in every way. The new cab by Deere there is no comparison to the 5030 cab. And there shouldn't be. The 5030 cab is old and the 4720 is a new design. I'm sure next year Kubota will match deere's new cab. But for right now as far as the superior tractor it's the 4720. The question is do you need that much tractor.

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #25  
Chase, I am all over that, I need a vacation BAD! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus, I am all about celebrating ANYTHING, but especially the purchase of such a FINE machine!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey, speaking of hydaulics ..... hehe ....

Check out these threads BEFORE you order any remotes. We gonna hook you up GOOD mon! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Remotes and top and tilt?

To grapple or not to grapple?

Need remote advice on L5030 w Cab

Fun facts to know and tell! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tarzan, thanks for the links, I'm fixin to read thru them and Richard If they had a 4920 on the same frame, I would be looking at that, more power is better in Kentucky, if I get the deere will you be coming to Ky to celebrate like Tarzan was comitted to. Remember friendship is above the colored tractor you drive.

Tree Master, I could not pull up the top and tilt archives, maybe it will pull up later, Chase

Tree Man, I also want you to check out the Anbo and Wr long root grapple and let me know what you think, thanks Chase, Start saving money for gas to come to Ky, Chase

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #29  
<font color="blue">In this case there's no question that the 4720 is far superior to the 5030 in every way. </font>

Cowboydoc, I admire your many posts and contributions to this site, but please try to "keep it real". I promise to do the same. There are actual forum rules against that kind of statement.

John D.

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #30  
Chase, sorry about the bum link - dang, that first one (One less ignorant dealer), while perhaps interesting, wasn't even about hydraulics! Ooops, sorry about that. I'll try to redeem myself - I've fixed the one on remotes for top-and-tilt, and added two more that ARE the ones I wanted you to see about grapples and the alternative to conventional remotes (hydraulic solenoid valves, like the ones we're going to put on your new Kubota 5030HSTC). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bad news though, I just found out that the 5030HSTC is inferior to the 4720 in every conceivable way. This might put a damper on our party - we'll have to play it by ear. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tarzan