Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,121  
Yesterday I caught a fool just 1/2 mile up the road from me burning a brush pile and it was starting to get into the trees. Wind blowing like anything. He was clearing fence line with a dozer and set the fire. I chewed his butt like he was a boot and told him to bury that fire like NOW. I'm sure he thought I was a grumpy old cuss -- but oh well....he did what I said so he knew he was wrong. The local VFD also came out while he was doing it. Last night the wind blew a dead tree down across the road right at that same spot. Bernice found it leaving for work this a.m. and was able to squeeze past, but I had to get the tractor up there quick so the bus could get through to pick up Trevor. Maybe I should checkout that website y'all are talking about.;):laughing::rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,122  
wind been whistling and moaning yesterday and still, today. Will have to check electric fence and see if limbs on it,.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,123  
Rolled into Paris TX last night, wind hit, then the rain. Wild was howling as you guys said, going to try and get the job done tonight, but not looking forward to it, 22* with 10-15 mph "breeze" BRRRR

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,124  
It got pretty windy here last night as well.

My neighbor has (had) a wood fence that he built to separate his dogs from another neighbors dogs. It blew down and two of the panels took out a section of my pasture fence. Some of it is in my wood burning stove right now. :D

On a brighter note...I walked out the front door awhile ago to find that the wind actually saved me a bit of work! The former owner of this fixer-upper home that we bought installed a Cape Cod roll-up storm shield on our screened in front porch. The motors were burned out and the tracks weren't functioning anymore, so I removed it at the beginning of the summer. What I hadn't gotten around to removing was the 5'x25' wood and aluminum siding facia that they built to hide the rollers. The wind tore it off and it dropped straight to the ground with no real damage to anything else. :thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,125  
That 45mph wind is not fun when you are working with foam spacers.

1. Blew the bucket over - foam squares all over the pasture.
2. With bricks in the bottom of the bucket the wind blew foam square out of the top of the bucket.
3. With the foam squares in my jacket pocket I reach in to grab one and they were all blown out.
4. I give up.

I pulled one tree off the road and chased some of my neighbors cows back into a wind blown open gate.

Mike glad you stopped that guy from burning, on a day like today. You probably save the other half of Bastrop. The Insurance Co. ought to give you a reward for saving them millions.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,126  
And you just left them there hanging on the gate:confused::shocked::laughing:

I'm concerned...have a weak tree that may have fallen across the road...gotta check..

I pulled one tree off the road and chased some of my neighbors cows back into a wind blown open gate.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,129  
And, there she is, swinging slowly in the wind.
With the most accusing look EVER on her face....and, you wouldn't take pity on her? LOLROF...:laughing::drink: Good one!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,130  
Jim -- those weather "obs" come from an automatic system called ASOS Automatic Surface Observation System ... It also has a Freezing precip sensor that amounts to a little metal stick that is suppose to sense freezing conditions. Think miniature flag pole looking for frost. We never had much luck with it around Houston. By the time we had a freeze we'd only discover that half of 'em weren't working. We could check 'em all day long with ice cubes ....but it just wasn't the same. When I left they were just starting to change the wind sensor to one with no moving parts.