Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,131  
Mike, on some airplanes they have a finger that vibrates. When it gets covered in ice, it vibrates at a different frequency and they sense that for an icing alarm. Some other designs include a rotating rod with an air gap. When the ice fills the gap, the motor rotating the rod draws more current and that triggers an icing alarm. There are some creative ice detectors out there.

Don, are you sure that cow on the gate is not an Aggie invention to stop a cow from kicking you while milking.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,132  
Don, are you sure that cow on the gate is not an Aggie invention to stop a cow from kicking you while milking.:D

Probably so...my grandfather taught me to put my head into the flank of a cow while milking to prevent kicking...at least on my side...this invention is a double sided fix for the problem...very advanced:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,133  

Now Jim, as you know, with the belly of the cow supported, the cow can now kick multiple times with both feet simultaneously. If anything it would be an Aggie gate tester, and the gate passed unlike my gate when a little limb falls on it it.

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 88
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,134  
I want to go around the paver drive with my camera on movie mode and then upload it to my project thread. How would I do it? Can it be done without youtube?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,135  
Thursday night's rain and wind storm really hit the hangar hard. Very heavy rain. I was disappointed when I got home to see only a tenth of an inch in the rain gage. Sadness prevails.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,136  
Mike, on some airplanes they have a finger that vibrates. When it gets covered in ice, it vibrates at a different frequency and they sense that for an icing alarm. Some other designs include a rotating rod with an air gap. When the ice fills the gap, the motor rotating the rod draws more current and that triggers an icing alarm. There are some creative ice detectors out there.

Best icing indication system I ever saw in action was shown to me by a Captain one night while I was flying in the cockpit jumpseat. He just shined his flashlight outside his window to show me ice. Aggie simple. Gig'em! and Merry Christmas.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,137  
I want to go around the paver drive with my camera on movie mode and then upload it to my project thread. How would I do it? Can it be done without youtube?
If I remember my experience with uploading a video of Whipper and snake. I had put it on YouTube then TBN.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,138  
Now Jim, as you know, with the belly of the cow supported, the cow can now kick multiple times with both feet simultaneously. If anything it would be an Aggie gate tester, and the gate passed unlike my gate when a little limb falls on it it.

So Don, are you done with that gate, or what...? If you are, send it my way. It looks just a tad straighter than the one I have now... :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,139  
So Don, are you done with that gate, or what...? If you are, send it my way. It looks just a tad straighter than the one I have now... :D
Too late, the guy on county dumpster day (once every 2 months) snatched it up and I head him say: "Only half is bent."

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,140  
Yesterday I caught a fool just 1/2 mile up the road from me burning a brush pile and it was starting to get into the trees. Wind blowing like anything. He was clearing fence line with a dozer and set the fire. I chewed his butt like he was a boot and told him to bury that fire like NOW. I'm sure he thought I was a grumpy old cuss -- but oh well....he did what I said so he knew he was wrong. The local VFD also came out while he was doing it. Last night the wind blew a dead tree down across the road right at that same spot. Bernice found it leaving for work this a.m. and was able to squeeze past, but I had to get the tractor up there quick so the bus could get through to pick up Trevor. Maybe I should checkout that website y'all are talking about.;):laughing::rolleyes:

I am more worried for the Bastrop area burning now than ever. There are thousands of acres of dead pines still standing. Perfect kindling. They didn't burn before because they were green and alive. But not now. Maybe some were hoping the trees might live and spared them from the dozer, but the forest service or whomever needs to just cut them all down. And the sooner, the safer. If they can be used for timber or anything else commercial, get after it and HURRY!