Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #231  
Got 1.25 inches the last 36 hrs ...luvin it. Jim - keep your snow. I just got back from Iowa on Fri (driving) Sure glad I missed any white stuff.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #232  
Ron, Don and Brandi are right, we are trying to keep this to ourselves, but I'm pretty Sure Bird is the one closest to you, so if he let some slip by...hmmm

I'm keeping all I can. I guess some of our heaviest rain was around 3 a.m. this morning. Anyway, I think it's finally over and I got a total of about 2.88". I was up at the new Walmart and Sam's Club on West University Drive in Danton this morning and saw an SUV come in the parking lot with a pile of snow on the rear end; guess he came from Jim's area. And in spite of both of those buildings being very new, both Walmart and Sam's Club had one or two buckets sitting in the floor to catch water leaks from the roof.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #233  
We got about 3 3/8 in total for this storm yesterday and this morning. I can't remember the last time we've seen that much rain at one time.

Jim that snow sure looks pretty. I remember last year I'd only had my tractor about a month when we got that big snow. Who'd a thunk I would have to plow the drive here in Texas. It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't want to have to do it all winter.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #234  
we got 3 inches of rain more or less since sat nite.put some water in the pools wich is grat an some in the ground.put a stop to notilling 50acs of wheat in,an thats ok we got rain.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #235  
As I look out my office door now, all that snow is melted. The only place there is any snow left is in drifts on my deck and the windshield of my parked truck. My grandson got to build a snowman before going to school this morning, so all is well.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #236  
Adding to that 3/8ths inch of rain yesterday, we got right at an inch of rain since Sunday morning.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #237  
We got the biggest rain since I can remember. About 2.5 inches. It filled the pond about 2-3 feet, needs another 2-3 feet to overflow.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Finally quit here, if I shake the water gauge, I have 3", but really a 1/10 under, BUT who's splitting hairs when we got some rain!!!

Haven't seen my tank yet, but sure got my fingers crossed.

News said the record for 1st day of snow in the D/FW metro was like the 23rd?? any one catch that? Pete Delcus, Channel 8

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #240  
Kyle, good for you.:thumbsup: You FINALLY got more rain than I did. I topped out at 1-1/2" in my gage for this storm not including the melting snow that couldn't have added much more than a couple more 10ths.

The weatherman said last night that we might have low temps as low as 23 F, but I bottomed out at 28 F this morning. We did turn the heat on in all our outbuildings with water last night to just be safe. It's that time of year where you just can't take a chance.