Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,781  
Ron put that beef on the grill,, I said to myself that looks good.. Ask my wife would you like a grilled beef burger with sausage and my special sauce,, She said I will take everything but the sauce.. anyway I grilled it for an hour before I remember I didn’t light the charcoal.. after striking a match,, thirty minutes later is was ready.. She was right it does taste better without the secret sauce.. So Don what do you think about coming up with a hamburger using chocolate chip bread serve with moonshine fries.. Just a thought,, we have a crew now,, Driver, taster, stripper, salesman.. we will be the QC on the sipping.:laughing:.Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,782  
Lou, we still need an HR rep, otherwise, who will make sure we get screwed on health insurance:confused3:. Of course, if you can come up with the right "moonshine recipe, we may be pickled anyhoo:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,783  
0.4" of rain, overall. A few days ago, today was supposed to be the day for the heavy rains. Now, we have clearing skies. So much for their predictions, once again. I could do as well with a crystal ball!

Lou; I like your latest venture idea, a lot! Chocolate chip buns and moonshine fries! I might never leave work, when I get hired there! :cool2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,784  
So Don what do you think about coming up with a hamburger using chocolate chip bread serve with moonshine fries.. Just a thought,, we have a crew now,, Driver, taster, stripper, salesman.. we will be the QC on the sipping.:laughing:.Lou

I think we would take business away from the heart attack grill, ( 'Heart Attack Grill' Owner Proudly Displays Dead Customer's Remains | TIME.com ) I'm in! We will have to have at least one bean burger on the menu along with the assorted beef/sausage burgers.

What catchy name would we call it?

.64" rain this morning, and a light rain now, as this cool front is pushing through.

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,785  
Lou, we still need an HR rep, otherwise, who will make sure we get screwed on health insurance:confused3:. Of course, if you can come up with the right "moonshine recipe, we may be pickled anyhoo:D

Your right Dennis we do,, we need to find an ex-congressmen,, Hey wait a minute Ron Paul lives down the street.:).
Being raised in southeast Oklahoma back in the 40s and 50s,, anybody over the age of 12 had a good moonshine recipe.. Dry State till the 60s.. I packed many bags of sugar along those creek banks.:laughing:. I didn't know we were breaking the law.. Till my Uncle went to jail.:shocked::laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,786  
0.4" of rain, overall. A few days ago, today was supposed to be the day for the heavy rains. Now, we have clearing skies. So much for their predictions, once again. I could do as well with a crystal ball!

Lou; I like your latest venture idea, a lot! Chocolate chip buns and moonshine fries! I might never leave work, when I get hired there! :cool2:

I am thinking the tator won't have to be cooked,, we will soak them in moonshine,, more like pickling,, but we will need a big sign that reads no smoking within 20ft.:eek:Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,787  
Don that bean burger sound good :licking:but I can see a problem trying to bbq beans.. they keep falling thru the grill.:confused:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,788  
Don that bean burger sound good :licking:but I can see a problem trying to bbq beans.. they keep falling thru the grill.:confused:. Lou

They will work out fine, just mash the beans slightly, throw in some BBQ sauce soaked quaker oats, and a couple of jalapeños and BAM!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,789  
Being raised in southeast Oklahoma back in the 40s and 50s,, anybody over the age of 12 had a good moonshine recipe.. Dry State till the 60s..

I grew up in Ardmore, Healdton, Marlow, and Marietta. Never knew anyone making moonshine, but I reckon everyone over the age of 10 knew where the bootleggers were.

It appears the rain is over for us and I've gotten just under an inch and a quarter for the last 3 days.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,790  
Bird I grew up West of McAlester,, Arpelar and Scipio area.. along the Canadian river.. I knew of three moonshiners within ten miles of us.. one group had three brothers and they made the best moonshine by far.. it was a sour mash plus they had good spring water also aged it in white oak barrels they said,, I think they just added a little food coloring to it.:laughing:.. Lou