The Daily Deer

/ The Daily Deer #42  
This video features a pair of does I have named the Duras Sisters. I believe them to be siblings. They always show up together and willingly share with each other. I have seen them run other deer off on several occasions. This time a fox tries to infringe on their turf and they run him off. He circles around and gets them to chase him into my front yard then he doubles back for another try. It looks like he may give their mineral block a squirt as he comes back on the final pass. He doesn't last long before they run him off again but the video paused and didn't catch that last part.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

/ The Daily Deer
Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm watching them or if they are watching me?

/ The Daily Deer #45  
You'll be surprise how many times they see you before you see them.

/ The Daily Deer
The cameras were off a couple of days so I just got around to downloading this footage from the 31st. This is the first time these does didn't flee when a buck arrived. Features the Duras Sisters and Mr. Half Rack.

/ The Daily Deer #47  
Less interest falling in love/lust now for them and soon bucks will start to group.
Have you trail him yet for his bedding area,or spot where deer jump or slope they travel you may find half rack.

/ The Daily Deer
Less interest falling in love/lust now for them and soon bucks will start to group.
Have you trail him yet for his bedding area,or spot where deer jump or slope they travel you may find half rack.

I tried but the area they go into gets thicker than I care to go. I'm not sure this guy lost half his rack from the normal shedding. He first showed up on camera two weeks ago. Seems like the other side would be gone by now if it was due to natural shed???

This will be pretty interesting after I have a full year of watching them assuming they continue to come around. I enjoy it for now but I hope it doesn't turn into a project I can't afford.

Edit: I saw a live stream where a guy started with one feeding station and ended up with a field full. He was spending almost 5 grand a year on oats. Here is another view.

Last edited:
   / The Daily Deer
Here is the same doe and buck interacting this morning. Looks like she wanted to scratch the top of her head on his antler but he moves away. I feel confident these are over 100 lbs each. :)

/ The Daily Deer
First daylight sighting of this guy.