The damsel went shopping over the weekend!

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #11  
Bunny,
To specifically answer your questions. First go to www.johndeere.com and type in your tractor and there you will see the list price. You can also price out your mid mount mower under attachments. Next look at www.midlawns.com and see the discount. You should be at these prices for a good deal.

With regards to the woods they are fine pieces of equipment. You will never wear them out with what you do. Keep the gearbox oiled and the zerts greased.

With regard to the tractors themselves you aren't comparing apples to apples. Yes the 2 extra hp, weight, pump capacities, etc. are worth extra. Also the mid mount mower is about 2 grand more than a rear mount mower. So really you are down to about a $4k difference. Also as has been said compare the NH TC33 which is comparable with the deere. From what I saw there if you figure just the tractor you are paying retail about $1200 more for the deere when you compare the TC 33. That's very much worth it for the deere in my opinion.

With regard to the loader you are right. If you don't need it now forget about it. You can always add it later.

Personally I think the MMM would do a better job than the rear mount and will also be easier for you to use. It will function more like your riding mower which you are already used to.

As far as needing it I would say yes you need as much tractor as you can afford. The NH will do the job but then again your Craftsman will do the job too. The Deere with more hp, more weight, more pump capacity, etc. will make the job that much easier.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #12  
If the money is not an issue, I would get the JD 4310. I have a 4300 HST myself and am very much biased in its favor.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend!
cowboydoc:
Thanks so much for your insight an assistance. You've been a delight! Just one more question--How can I find out what the NH list price is? I think I'm leaning in that direction--I went to the NH web site, but there was no $$ info. Thanks so much. Bunny

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #14  
Here is a link to the minnesota State contracts page. It has the list price for the TC33D, but not TC30. It is in adobe acrobat <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/46.pdf> Click Here </A>

The TC30 has a lower list price.

Here is the "table of contents" with links to many other tractor prices. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/index.html> Click Here </A>

If you do a search on TBN for TC30 you will find what some have paid. Also, post in the New Holland Buying catagory & you may get more help. Spencer2000 is a NH dealer & gives out good advice.

One tip for the NH or Deere, Get an itemized price quote, Ie tractor is X, mower is Y. With this info, the TBN gang can better help you determine if the price is good.

Cowboydoc is right, the MMM is easier to use (just ask my fence)

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #15  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/>List prices</A>

This link has list prices on the Boomers. I don't think the TC30 is on there though, it's probably too new.

If you read through the NH Buying forum, there have been several TC 30s bought recently and you can get a good idea on prices. Spencer200 is a NH dealer and he gives feedback on prices there pretty often. Invaluable advice. I wish he had been around when I was buying.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #16  
Hazmat,

Ah, you beat me to the draw. Same advice too.

Actually I had it typed and got interrupted by work before I clicked Continue. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #17  
<font color=blue>Actually I had it typed and got interrupted by work before I clicked Continue.</font color=blue>

Don't you hate that.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #18  
bunny,
Unfortunately New Holland doesn't list their prices on the website like John Deere does. There is one site that found awhile back that had the prices on there but can't remember what it was. I will see if I saved it on my computer at home and post it if I find it. You should just be able to call any dealer and just ask them what the base price of the tractor is with hydro. Sorry can't be of more help on the New Holland.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #19  
For what it's worth, a while back I was looking at the owner's manual for a John Deere rear discharge finishing mower and came to the warranty page only to find it's Woods warranty from Woods on the Deere product. From what I've seen the Deere attachments are just green Woods attachments so there should be no differences between them.

For the same money, you might want the Deere just for the appearance factor. In that same vein, if color is an issue, First Choice makes all of their implements in Deere green or New Holland blue. Try to find a dealer for those in your area and check them out, too. If you compare the First Choice to the Deere/Woods, I think you'll be impressed with both the quality and the price.

/ The damsel went shopping over the weekend! #20  
Bunny:

I've got to put my two cents worth in . Its seems I have ended up with an involuntary mowing business this summer. Both large estate lawns, and feild mowing. The word got around and the phone won't stop ringing.

I just purchased a new TC29 with a 9X3 gear tranny and live PTO. My preference. In reguards to the TC29 Its exactly the right size for the use its getting. plenty of power even when I'm brush hogging on hills. Nice tight turning radius even without supersteer. And the R4 tires provide ample traction and flotation. I think you'll find the TC29D or 33D will provide you with everything you've been looking for. A great all around package of size, power and comfort ( after all the D stands for deluxe ). Apparently at a considerable savings over your quote from JD.

Currently I'm pulling a 5' King Kutter Brush hog. A very stout, medium duty, low priced cutter. And for finish mowing I am using a new 6' First Choice GM30-72 rear discharge, rear finish mower. I think I would be hard pressed to find anything bad about this mower. Its almost a clone of a Landpride FDR2572 medium duty finish mower, with some improvements. Somebody already posted a link to their website, check them out.

The only thing I can add to this would be my advice to strongly consider a loader. I could talk about different uses for a FEL all day, and I'm constantly finding new uses all the time.

Good luck, on your new purchase