The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position
Or maybe the loader valve joystick hardware is broken or jammed. Also don't some of them have a lock you push in and out that restricts lever operation?
I did not find that lock if there is one. the Manual also does not speak about it.

@Tinhack I called the previus owner and he told me he never replace the valve and he did not know what Float was. He told me it hapen to him once. He had and accident wth the tractor and falled and try to hold on on the stick and broke it. when he did that the loader was stuck in float he did not know what was going on. Somone showed him how to remouved it from float with a pair of vise grip bebause he had broken the leaver. He then welded the lever stick. I'll take picture. and never event try to used float he did not know what it was used for....

The guys plow his driveway arond 1km for year witout float....wow

trying to remouved the plastic cover but all the bolt are cease. waiting on the pb paster to do it's job

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #12  
Well, OK, based on your comments in post # 11 above I'd guess there was damage done to the loader valve control mechanism/joystick pivoting linkages. Besides just breaking the lever sounds to me like more damage was done. PT Blaster sometimes works wonders but sometimes not. Hopefully you have not messed up the bolt heads. If they are still 'good' then use an impact wrench to loosen them. Even if they are very small bolts you are less likely to ruin the bolt heads using a tight fitting socket on them and an impact wrench than other methods. Try a lower setting on the impact wrench of course.

Would it be feasible to send a picture or two of that joystick and loader valve ?

Here is what it look like. Some how I can't disconnect the quick connect Couplers. I have triend to put penetring oil into them witout luck so far. Those have probably never been disconnected.... Any trick on how to disconnect those? I have to disconnected them in order to be able to pulled the plastic cover

Attachments

• 20211207_123545.jpg
    20211207_123545.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20211207_123548.jpg
    20211207_123548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • 20211207_123600.jpg
    20211207_123600.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 113
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #14  
Oh Dear... Well easy part first: those connectors don't need penetrating oil. Rotate the collars until a little notch in the collar is at the place of a pin in the connector below them. You should be able to slide the collar downward with it's notch over than pin & that should release the connection. HOWEVER, you first need to release all the internal hydraulic pressure & then they should come apart. It should not matter how long they have been connected. Since your are having issues with the loader valve you might not have been able to release that pressure by simply rocking the control in all possible directions (??) Anyway, the hyd pressure is probably why they are difficult to get apart once you pull the collar down to release them mechanically.

Oh Dear... Well easy part first: those connectors don't need penetrating oil. Rotate the collars until a little notch in the collar is at the place of a pin in the connector below them. You should be able to slide the collar downward with it's notch over than pin & that should release the connection. HOWEVER, you first need to release all the internal hydraulic pressure & then they should come apart. It should not matter how long they have been connected. Since your are having issues with the loader valve you might not have been able to release that pressure by simply rocking the control in all possible directions (??) Anyway, the hyd pressure is probably why they are difficult to get apart once you pull the collar down to release them mechanically.
I have wiglet the stick in all possible direction multiple time. I believed there should not be any presure left. The collar do not slide down at all. I have try to put a flat screwdriver and to gently tap the collar down without luck. All 4 collar do not slide down. They also do not rotate.

I just tried to disconnect the backhoe hose and it worked find. I was able to pull the collar backward and it did disconnect. I had forget to removed all the hydro presure before doing it. so I had to use a screw driver to push on the pin to release the presure. I was able to reconnect it.

But the loader no luck all all

Last edited:
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #16  
Try pushing down on the top of the elbow as you pull up on the locking collar. I find I need to do that on my 2310, which uses the same connectors. It seems to relieve internal spring pressure in the connector.

FEL hoses 1.JPG

As far as the float, that's a plunger that pushes down into a release valve on the underside of the control valve (that large black thing on the right in the pic, held by two socket-head screws). It also has a split ring that's supposed to "pop" into place and be hold the plunger there, although on most tractors they will easily and quickly pop back out by themselves. (I have to hold mine in float with my right hand.)

float detent cover.JPG

Attachments

• FEL hoses.JPG
    FEL hoses.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #17  
I have couplers that merely require you to grasp the hose and give a good yank. The female body of the coupler is fixed and the movement of the hose slides the sleeve toward you. When it gets "displaced" enough, it releases the hose.
To reconnect, just push the male tip into the coupler, like plugging a cord into an outlet.
Reconnecting requires that there be no pressure on either side of the coupler, but unplugging can be done under pressure. But if you do, you won't reconnect until you relieve pressure.

EDIT: If sufficient force can't be generated to pull the hose, grasp the elbow with a vise-grip or make a smaller version of a meat hook, 1/4" rod for the J part and some sort of T handle.

Last edited:
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #18  
I have a 1528 with same loader. Only use the float feature for back dragging with the bottom side of the bucket. First I tilt and drop the bottom of the bucket to the ground. Then starting with the bucket lever in the neutral position I quickly push the lever forward past the normal stop and it “pops” into the float position and stays. No great amount of effort required but it does take one fluid positive push past the normal stop to “pop” it into float. To get out of float I simply tap the lever back with my hand and it “pops” out of float and the lever returns to neutral. It will be early January before I am where I can look at my loader lever. Looking at your photos, has the lever been welded in a position that restricts the forward motion so it does not go far enough forward for float?

I have a 1528 with same loader. Only use the float feature for back dragging with the bottom side of the bucket. First I tilt and drop the bottom of the bucket to the ground. Then starting with the bucket lever in the neutral position I quickly push the lever forward past the normal stop and it “pops” into the float position and stays. No great amount of effort required but it does take one fluid positive push past the normal stop to “pop” it into float. To get out of float I simply tap the lever back with my hand and it “pops” out of float and the lever returns to neutral. It will be early January before I am where I can look at my loader lever. Looking at your photos, has the lever been welded in a position that restricts the forward motion so it does not go far enough forward for float?
I tought about that as well the guys did weld the pied on the top and it could prevent from punching forward but when I push it slowly it does not touch the plastic. I want a removed that plastic cover to have a better look at it. I just can' disconnect those stupid hose. Some have sugested to lose and hydrilic conection to release pressure. It's my next option but I don't want a do this at the moment. Winter started here. we got 2 foot in the beginning of the week. Normaly I have a polaris sportman 850 with track to move my snow arond. it's a mini bulldozer. but it does not start anymore. I think it's the starter. the sucker did let me down in the midel of the wood. I was lucky enuf that I could still get to it with a truck. So I pulled it back to the cotage. I have to fix it before I break my tractor...With covid parts are hard to get..

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #20  
I just bought a massey Furgeson 1528 with a Front loader 1520 and I can't find the float position. The operator manual that I have is for 1515/1520 and mention to push the stick foward to reatch Float. It does not work and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong or if it's hard to repair.

Previews owner did not know what float was or he knew that it was broken maybe.
You have to hold it forward.