The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #61  
OK, hope the video attaches. Notice the collar is anchored to the bracket, and ALL the other parts move. Exact opposite of older, 2-hand disconnects.

NUTS! I can't get the video to show up when I click the paper clip to attach. But it IS in my photo library. A bunch of older pics show up, but not the video I just shot.
For now, if you want to see the "just yank em" style being unhooked and rehooked, furnish an email address. Meanwhile, I'll try some other things, like emailing the video to myself.....

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #62  
I got it, thanks! That video ("Mike the Tractor Guy" or whatever) showed it pretty well. A good day, I learned something new!

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #63  
And grasshopper, I would bet that the 4 balls have some sort of cushion or real short spring, or some way to allow the 4 balls to retract and get out of the way when the nose of the spool try's to come thru to float. Then they re-extend into the groove to hold you in float.
Try to push those 4 balls (one at a time) back, out of the way. Use a screwdriver or some kind of rod. Each ball should be able to be pushed back out of sight into its pocket, to allow the nose of the spool to get by. The pocket the balls sit in could be packed with dirt or rust too. If there is access from the outside, maybe those springs and balls can be withdrawn for cleaning. Otherwise, fish each ball out of its pocket (magnet?) and clean up the pockets, balls and anything else in there. To reassemble, put some heavy grease in the pocket and insert the components. The grease will hold things in position until you can get all 4 balls back in position.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #64  
irving, the video by Mike? Did not show my style. On mine, the collar is anchored solidly and the hoses do the moving. If you want, send me a PM with your email address. I think I can attach that video I shot around noon demonstrating how mine work.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #65  
I have dissemble the valve. it had almost no geese in there. So I have grease it all and jingle the the stick to make it move. no luck it does not go into float... I'll have to dissemble the plastic and the couplers
from looks of all that mess I hope your filters/fluid were changed on schedule. if not problems will show up upstream of the valve body.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #66  
Yes, it's probably something sticking like said earlier use some penetrating oil/grease to loosen things up. Worth a try.

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #67  
I'd like to point out that grasshopper DID disassemble the detent part---several times, in fact and did clean things up. He just wasn't bold enough and experienced enough to go deep enough into it the first few times. After he got it cleaned up, grease WILL fix what's wrong in there.
And the hydraulic service schedule has NOTHING to do with the rust and dust and sand that got trapped in the end of his spool valve detent system. That's something that NO ONE would check unless there were problems. (like he had). Do you know of anyone who disassembles his detent system and cleans it and lubes it on a regular schedule? I don't.
And as another matter of fact, hydraulic oil can't even get in that area, so it could never pick up contaminants from "that mess"

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #68  
irving, the video by Mike? Did not show my style. On mine, the collar is anchored solidly and the hoses do the moving. If you want, send me a PM with your email address. I think I can attach that video I shot around noon demonstrating how mine work.
Yes, as I said in post #60 above there are at least two kinds of Pioneer or "AG" connectors. Mine like yours have solid non-moving collars. Pictured here.
The other type, with knurling on the collars, do utilize moving collars for release. But apparently are Pioneer and not flat face as Mike's video shows.

P1220500.JPG

/ The loader on my 1528 (FL1520) can't find the float position #69  
I have wiglet the stick in all possible direction multiple time. I believed there should not be any presure left. The collar do not slide down at all. I have try to put a flat screwdriver and to gently tap the collar down without luck. All 4 collar do not slide down. They also do not rotate.

I just tried to disconnect the backhoe hose and it worked find. I was able to pull the collar backward and it did disconnect. I had forget to removed all the hydro presure before doing it. so I had to use a screw driver to push on the pin to release the presure. I was able to reconnect it.

But the loader no luck all all
Gotta get the collar to rotate. Then line the notch on the collar with the nub on the rest of the connector before pushing collar down toward nub. If the collar won't rotate, is frozen.

Flat face connectors (iso16028) are usually found on construction equip. Not AG tractors

Last edited: