The New Rural King Tractors

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The New Rural King Tractors #91  
Well, we just got ours today. Rk37 hst. Supposed to rain pretty heavy the next couple of days but next week I hope to play around with it some and see how she does on our terrain. Since it's main duty will be putting out hay when it is rainy muddy and sloppy this winter I opted for ag tires. Honestly when we looked at them compared to other makes it seemed to stack up very well. We will post how it does and what we think after we've used it . For some reason the thumbnail picture looks upside down on my preview no clue why, I did not stand on my head taking the photo... eh, technology... IMG_4192.JPG

/ The New Rural King Tractors #92  
Congrats on the new purchase!! Hopefully your experience will be as good as ours. Great tractors, great price, great company!

/ The New Rural King Tractors #93  
That is some real traction! Mine would have fallen right off the trailer.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #95  
I know, right? We were amazed...:laughing::laughing:

/ The New Rural King Tractors #96  
Heres the thing, I'm looking at the RK tractors and ANY other brand as I'm not loyal to ANY color. I have a 2025r john deere that had 7, count them , 7 service calls on it in 8 hours use.
the tech came to my place 5 of the 7 times and worked on it in my garage. there is a 6th and 7th call that they refused to send the tech on that i fixed myself. the ignition switch was falling out of the dash and the other was a PTO switch that
was not adjusted correctly from the factory . found that out the hard way the very first time i tried to use a post hole digger.
i wrote my review of my experience ( no curse words ) on john deere website and they refused to post it and that has been over 2 years ago. They don't want people seeing the truth. I'm a sometimes user of my tractor but when i need it, i need it.
6 of the 7 issues were electrical. EVERY single switch that has been replaced on my tractor is a POS chinese junk. The tech admitted that he knew they were junk and would fail again as the replacement switches
are the same maker and part number. And the hydraulic system can't be trusted. Im afraid to stand under the raised bucket for fear it may fall on me. The tech wanted to rebuild all the cylinders on the loader after i did a leak down
test for him but the dealership says that the horrible leak off of the cylinders are within JD spec. The tech sent me a screen shot of the spec in the book and stated that he was shocked at what JD considers within spec.
Im not here to bash JD, just starting facts. And I'm looking at a new tractor because i didn't buy enough tractor the 1st time around. My ignorance..

My point is that no matter what color you buy, you are really buying the dealer network. But as other dealers develop bigger networks, the green and orange guys are in trouble because as stated earlier in this thread, most under 50-60 hp tractors are of foreign
origination. So you can buy a red RK / MH / blue / green / orange or whatever tractor under 60hp and know that its reliability and quality of build will pretty much be on a level playing field.
If RK took green tractors in trade, my 2025r would be gone tomorrow and its only got 31 hours on it. If i had to do it again, knowing what i know now, i would never have bought the green tractor at its inflated price because of color.
I was a first time tractor buyer and didn't know any better. Lesson learned. NEVER be loyal to a color or you may just get burned. Under that green paint is the same crappy quality. You may as well get that crap at a cheaper cost with a different color.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #97  
Where does JD manufacture their CUT’s anyway? I could never really figure that out. I know they have Japanese Yanmar diesels but the tractor itself, is that built in the USA, Mexico, China, or Europe? They should just go back to painting Yanmar’s green if they’re having quality control issues. Seven service calls in eight hours of use is unacceptable.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #98  
Heres the thing, I'm looking at the RK tractors and ANY other brand as I'm not loyal to ANY color. I have a 2025r john deere that had 7, count them , 7 service calls on it in 8 hours use....[snip]

Im not here to bash JD, just starting facts. [snip]

Could've fooled me. :laughing:

Have you posted about any of this in the John Deere forum?

/ The New Rural King Tractors #99  
they tout that they are assembled in Georgia but that just tells me that is where they take them out of the crate and put them together just like all other color tractor sellers.
you can take this to the bank, where they are actually made and originate from is kept close to the chest and they don't want that getting out. i have no idea what foreign
country they are made in. maybe someone on this forum knows the country of origin.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #100  
Could've fooled me. :laughing:

Have you posted about any of this in the John Deere forum?

yes i have - green tractor forum and john deere website.
the forum people say the same thing - unacceptable. but that does not resolve the issue. no more green for me.
and john deere refuses to post my review on their website. wonder why ... i think i know

and you consider stating facts " bashing " ? interesting.
since this is the first tractor that I've ever owned and have zero experience with any brand, how could just stating the facts equate to " bashing " ?

the tractor came from agpro in gainsville florida and the tech quit because he just couldn't take anymore.
i guess sleeping at night with a clear conscious was more important to him. he moved on to still working on
tractors and other equipment with a more stable and secure institution. tractor dealerships, as far as I'm concerned, are no different that car dealerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.