The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!***

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #421  
I dont know about cat and martian, but it is no secret that Aaron used the aid of a spreadsheet and waited til the last possible minute to make his calculated guess.

I think he under-estimated my power though:D

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #422  
Catdozer, congrats man. I'm jealous of the jacket...
Martian and Aaron, congrats too!
Aaron, loved all your calculations.

Be well winners!
David
:thumbsup:
Same here. Ya'll did good. :D

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #423  
Anyone know if the winners used some combination of mathematics and internet savvy to win or was it just a shot in the dark?
I dont know about cat and martian, but it is no secret that Aaron used the aid of a spreadsheet and waited til the last possible minute to make his calculated guess.
I think he under-estimated my power though:D
IIRC, cat guessed, no idea on Martin.
My spreadsheet is available at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApLZQNHvoMIldEpZa0QwQkUwTG5nUVY2Z1ZNOHNvN3c
Some of the logic I used is available at: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/252768-3-million-posts-tbn-11-a.html#post2944219
Basically, I took the post id (unique to each post in the database, found in the link at the top right corner fo the post) and the postcount from the front page (which does not include deleted posts) and compared them over time to see how many posts per hour there were. I then extrapolated how long it would take to reach 3 million posts based on that many posts per hour.
Hard to account for people who post short replies to threads and bump the posts per hour from 66 to 180 though :D

Aaron Z

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #424  
Hard to account for people who post short replies to threads and bump the posts per hour from 66 to 180 though :D

Aaron Z

:laughing:

I was in a hurry to get to bed

And I was being egged on by other members who I wont mention

All in good fun though. Kinda nice to see the newer guy with ~300 posts win it. Cause I am sure now he will stick around and enjoy in our fun. I know you arent going anywhere Aaron:D

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #425  
Congratulations guys!

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #426  
. . . Hard to account for people who post short replies to threads and bump the posts per hour from 66 to 180 though :D

Short replies? :rolleyes:

/ The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #427  
   / The ***Official*** TBN 3,000,000th Post Contest ***TBN Prizes!*** #430  
Thanks all, congrats to Martian and Aaron too!

I was actually at the Caterpillar dealer waiting on a salesman and was browsing TBN on my phone.
The 27th was a highlighted date on his big calendar and 3:36 was a scale model excavator on the table. And I will DEFIANTLY stay on TBN!