The Resting Place.

/ The Resting Place. #1,041  
I try and make it a point to always use handrails on stairs for the past several years. :confused:
Same here. I'm trying to NOT be a tread topic here...

/ The Resting Place. #1,043  
Ladders are one of the most dangerous tools many of us have.
I learned from a friend to tie a ladder at the top to gutter, limb, something. I need to go up & down an extension ladder within a few days on 2 story garage. Last time I ratchet strapped it to a post, one high & one low. I have a safety harness also I may rope to the cupola.

/ The Resting Place. #1,044  
I learned from a friend to tie a ladder at the top to gutter, limb, something. I need to go up & down an extension ladder within a few days on 2 story garage. Last time I ratchet strapped it to a post, one high & one low. I have a safety harness also I may rope to the cupola.
That makes sense, especially as we get older. It's so easy to fall and injuries can be so irreversible. If I have to go up now, I get a neighbor or some other volunteer and I watch from below.

As mentioned earlier, I know of four guys in the last year that have died as a result of falls.

/ The Resting Place. #1,045  
Yeah, I read that.

I know two folks that died as results of head injuries from falling down steps. :(
If you fall and bang your head hard, you should go to the ER for a CT scan of your head and upper spine. A brain bleed can easily be fatal.

It's a hassle but being dead is a pretty big hassle for both us and the people we leave at home.

/ The Resting Place. #1,046  
   / The Resting Place. #1,047  
By plan all 5 of my house and rentals are single level with no more than 4/12 roof pitches. Not that a person can't get killed falling from a 1 story, but 2 stories and up and 5/12 and up I tend to freeze or won't go. And to think I used to walk steel beams in construction 100 feet in the air with no fall protection, the only thing mandated back then was a hardhat. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: