The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #41  
JOHNTHOMAS said:
Barlows doesn't keep any Fs in stock. He doesn't have to now since I have the 2 different models that he can use to show customers.:D

yeah ... but do you have the flex deck ? how will they be able to show anyone that version unless you get 1 of them too ???

:)

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!
yeah ... but do you have the flex deck ? how will they be able to show anyone that version unless you get 1 of them too ???

:)
I doubt they need to show a flex deck to anyone. Anyone that will spend that much money will just call and order it on the phone. Most people can;t seem to see that much money in fine mowing equipment other than commercial users. I'd like to see one but I wouldn't get to close to it myself.:D

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #43  
JOHNTHOMAS said:
I doubt they need to show a flex deck to anyone. Anyone that will spend that much money will just call and order it on the phone. Most people can;t seem to see that much money in fine mowing equipment other than commercial users. I'd like to see one but I wouldn't get to close to it myself.:D

yes I imagine if you got close to it , it might grab hold of you and not let go ... you know , until you got it home :)

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #44  
I walk by those BIG UNS when I'm at Barlows and until I buy 100 flat acres, maybe 80 or 60 or 40 well at least 30 flat acres of land I won't be getting one. I loved my Grand L3240 but it scared the "poop" out of me sitting high in the saddle when one tire would go over a log. rock or drop in a hole.:eek::eek:

Nope, don't need to be afraid nor need more land. You don't have time to use it anyway.
Tractors first, when the deal is right, and the land opportunity will then present itself.
It's a reverse horse and cart scenario and worked well for me.
It's all about the chase...the destination is secondary.

Edit--I started with the five acre "estate" setting, even if it's not. Wives like that word.
You can get, and use, a lot on five acres. Then go from there.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!!
yes I imagine if you got close to it , it might grab hold of you and not let go ... you know , until you got it home :)

:D:D That's what scares me.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #46  
I walk by those BIG UNS when I'm at Barlows and until I buy 100 flat acres, maybe 80 or 60 or 40 well at least 30 flat acres of land I won't be getting one. I loved my Grand L3240 but it scared the "poop" out of me sitting high in the saddle when one tire would go over a log. rock or drop in a hole.:eek::eek:

John, I have to admit the Grand L's scared me at first having gotten use to a BX and 80 HP cab or open station tractors. I am on my second and run on some pretty steep stuff and have found them to be much more stable than they feel. Of course I had to trade the first one; guy didn't mind all the scratch marks and stains in it...

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #47  
I just read through this entire thread; John, you are truly a salesman's dream! Congrats on that new toy! But the real question is; when's the next one coming? :laughing:

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #48  
John, I have to admit the Grand L's scared me at first having gotten use to a BX and 80 HP cab or open station tractors. I am on my second and run on some pretty steep stuff and have found them to be much more stable than they feel. Of course I had to trade the first one; guy didn't mind all the scratch marks and stains in it...

I loaded hay for my neighbor with his 90hp New Holland. That thing was real top heavy even with out a bale on the front.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #49  
I loaded hay for my neighbor with his 90hp New Holland. That thing was real top heavy even with out a bale on the front.

I've never driven a NH, but the Massey, Case and Kubota have been very stable.

/ The siren call got me to Barlows this morning!!! #50  
I've never driven a NH, but the Massey, Case and Kubota have been very stable.

NH and Case are the same machines just different color paint. Can't say if the Massey is different.:)