There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!"

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #11  
mistakes? please explain I don't understand this term

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #12  
Had my bucket off the other day to take some measurements for a new attachment and all of a sudden the tractor started rolling down hill. :shocked: Thank goodness it was just a slight incline. :laughing:

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #13  
Two of my neighbors were over to help pour concrete and while waiting for the concrete truck we were standing by my garage door having coffee. One of them asked what the funny crease was across one of the door panels (aluminum paneled heavily insulated expensive door). I said I was surprised they couldn't tell by the ends of the crease. They looked harder, saw the vertical lines at the end, and said, "Aha - you ran into it with your loader!" Right on. That was one of those Aw S**t days. Something had rolled under the hydro pedal so when I backed off it kept going. Fortunately I got it stopped before it destroyed the door. I only had to replace 2 roller brackets and rollers, do some body work on the steel frame ends, and readjust, but the evidence remains. I'm not going to replace the entire panel until next time I drive through the closed door.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #14  
[FONT=&quot]My list of Dumb A** "Hope nobody saw me do that" is too long to admit to.
What's that saying....
Experience is something you get right after you need it!
[/FONT]

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #15  
Never drove or really touched anything tractor related before buying my new BX2660 w/FEL this summer.

I bought a new 10 gallon spot sprayer at Northern Tool and carryall from TSC. I put the carryall on for the first time, and strapped the sprayer on to that. I was going to fill it up with water to make some roundup, but it was suppertime and decided to put it away instead. Drove the tractor down to the shed, then proceeded to back it in when I heard a ruckus behind me. I had simply laid the hose, wand, and power cord on top of the sprayer and apparently on my drive to the shed, that had all fallen off and was being drug behind me. As I began backing up, I drove over it, ripping the power cord right out of the pump, and snapping the nipple off the pump where the hose was fastened. Pretty humbling telling the wife "I broke the sprayer already", knowing it hadn't been out of the box 10 minutes.

Luckily, I had purchased the extended warranty and they swapped it for a new one. I haven't gotten that one out of the box yet.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #16  
It could be that lack of power and the strange vibration, that makes me check the parking pawl on the brakes. I need a large flashing light to go above the dash, I don't want to ruin the disc. Yeah...

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #17  
I've done the parking brake trick a few times. Start plowing down the row, and wonder why the tractor is lugging harder than normal - look down and realize the parking brake is still on. :ashamed:

Pulled the baler out of the barn last year, tried to swing a real hard left down the hill to make the cut in the trees - snapped the top part of the tongue right off. Fixed that with a little bit of redneck ingenuity. Baler rides an inch higher on the tractor now.:ashamed:

Backing the combine out of the barn the first year I had it running again. It was only the 6th time I had done this....it was almost pitch dark, had been a long day, and I was tired.....got a little too close to the barn where the side of the door frame juts out. Caught a board with a pulley wheel on the side of the header - the board gave way, but not before it snapped the casting that held the pulley in place. Fortunately my good friend figured out how to weld old cast....still have a c-clamp helping support it on the side of the combine though...:ashamed:

Had a coulter facing the wrong way on the plow when I lowered it back into the ground. It caught against the drawbar on the tractor and snapped the coulter right off. Been using the plow without that one coulter for going on 3 years now. Fortunately that was the least needed one to help keep the shares clean.:ashamed:

Trying to get a 7-acre field planted with winter wheat at night before the rain hit. While pulling the seed drill across the creek crossing, it got too close to the sharp-cut bank on one side, and ripped the valve stem out of the tire. I didn't have time to fix the tire and still get planted, so I took my corners carefully with one flat, and got the field planted that night - finished 20 min before the rain started. The one side of the drill dropped in seed just a bit heavier than the other side, but I got it done. Threw a tube in that tire a few days later. :thumbsup:

I've got more stories, but these are just a few good ones. :)

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #18  
2 weeks ago - doing some work on the FEL while standing on the lower 3PT arms. The subsoiler is attached with a middlebuster blade mounted. The top link is removed and the plow mast is held horizontal with a bungie cord for transport. It's skito season, and it's starting to get dark, so I'm trying to finish up in a hurry. It's hot & very humid, so I'm wearing shorts, I'm getting bit a lot, so I'm trying to finish up in a more desperate hurry. My foot slips off the lower left 3PT arms and I manage to stay upright by grabbing the ROPS, but bark & bruise my shin on the middlebuster blade so bad that my sock is wet with blood. Putting my left sock on in the morning still hurts.

Despite the pain, I consider myself lucky, as nobody saw. I hope.

-Jim

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #19  
.but bark & bruise my shin on the middlebuster blade so bad that my sock is wet with blood. Putting my left sock on in the morning still hurts.

Despite the pain, I consider myself lucky, as nobody saw. I hope.

-Jim

I bet the mosquitoes loved that.

Worst I have done many years ago was use the turning brakes too hard in the sand and put the loader into some siding on one of my garages. That caused me to reside with aluminum.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #20  
Had to do some back hoe work near a water line. After starting to dig. I looked very carefully and said to self. Self you are too close to the water line.

So move the tractor a little. AH now I'm in the right place. Yep first dipper full of dirt also had the water line in it. :laughing::thumbsup: