Buying Advice They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead?????

/ They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead????? #21  
Yeah, but think of the seat time! 30 mph? Across America!

The seat time would be fine but when you got it home it would need new tires. You would have to line up a dealer along the way for the the 50hr service:laughing:

/ They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead?????
Thanks all for the great input. I've decided to wait and look at the New Holland and Case IH Farmall series.

/ They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead????? #23  
We upgraded to the 6040 5 years ago and move lots of hay in and out of the barn and off trucks. With the cab, a great tractor.

/ They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead????? #24  
Thanks all for the great input. I've decided to wait and look at the New Holland and Case IH Farmall series.

What about a John Deere 5075E? I have one and really like it plenty of power and easy to use. I was almost ready to buy a NewHolland workmaster 75 but was faced with the same thing as you nothing available for 6 months. My Newholland dealer sent me to look at a John Deere and the rest is history. Glad he did too!!! the Deere is a better machine.

/ They are out of the M7040 HDC....Should I get the M6040 HDC instead?????
What about a John Deere 5075E? I have one and really like it plenty of power and easy to use. I was almost ready to buy a NewHolland workmaster 75 but was faced with the same thing as you nothing available for 6 months. My Newholland dealer sent me to look at a John Deere and the rest is history. Glad he did too!!! the Deere is a better machine.

I decided to go up in size because I'll be plowing more than I thought. More hp will also give me more flexibility in using disc mower/conditioners. For not much more than the m7040, I am able to purchase a Case Farmall 95. It's a much heavier tractor with 80 hp at the PTO. I also wanted something simpler with more manual controls. The Farmall 95 fits the bill with mechanical shuttle and PTO engagement. The engine is a tier 3 model without egr, dpf, or def which is a plus for me.

I should be getting the Farmall 95 in about 3 weeks. I'm lucky I found one...Case has discontinued the Farmall 95 and is pushing people to the fancier Farmall 95U model.

I did consider JD but the priced out the 5093E and found it priced substantially more...but still about the same as the M8560 cab.