Things that I don't need on my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Things that I don't need on my truck #21  
My 2012 Tundra has a "headlights on" light on the dash (which is not lit if the key is off) but does NOT have a headlights on chime for those times you forget you have your headlights on, get out and walk away. When I discovered this fact I thought how very 1970's!:duh:
One thing I hate about my 03 RAM is that the door chime doesn't change from just leaving the keys in the ignition to leaving the keys in AND the headlights on. My old trucks usually had a faster chime to let you know you left the lights on. One day I left the lights on in the RAM though and realized they shut off automatically after 15 mins. I assume most newer vehicles all do this so the chime is not as necessary. It can be a pain turning the light switch off then on again while using the headlights for something with the engine off but not a big deal.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #22  
My truck (2004 3/4 ton Ram) just had the ABS light and the brake light come on. Sounds bad doesn't it, like your brakes won't work. The brakes felt fine. I took it to Autozone, got the error codes and it was a rear wheel speed sensor. 30 bucks and fairly easy to replace. I can understand the ABS light coming on but why the brake light? Almost seemed like a scare tactic by my truck.
You think that's bad? One of our travel cars at work (09 Pontiac Vibe) had a code pop up for a EVAP leak and it lit up the Check Engine light, brake light, Traction Control System light, and Active Stability Control light. The dash looked like a Christmas tree, a normal non car-nut person would have lost it and probably called a tow truck. On top of that, it disabled the traction/stability system!

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #23  
You realize, of course, that these warnings are the result of Federal safety and EPA regulators and also trial lawyers and juries, trying to stay the demise of morons. The next round will probably involve radar proximity warning devices. A local (and very rich and prominent) woman is petitioning NHTSA (via her lawmaker friends) to require mandatory radar warnings on all vehicles. She was in such a hurry and on her cell phone with her hair designer while backing out of her driveway, that she ran over and killed her precious little larvae. She and her lawyer are claiming that the technology was available to have been installed on her vehicle to prevent little HayLeah from being squashed into a taco shell by her Luxo SUV.

Naturally she will win the suit, get a law named after her flattened babe, be absolved from her guilt complex, and we will all be saved once again from the clutches of idiots.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #24  
My first truck had three on the tree.....crank windows....AM radio and a choke......great truck!!!:thumbsup:

"three on the tree". Hadn't heard that one for a while. The GM three speed column shift could be a real pain when they didn't work right. Not real convenient to not be able to get a vehicle into reverse. I believe it was on a '53 chevy where a friend loosened the gearshift handle and rotated it to the left side of the steering column. It was a novelty and completely messed up the H-pattern in the driver's mind.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #25  
There are some things I do like on newer trucks. I like climate control, power seats and door locks, would really like heated seats, heated mirrors and rear defroster is nice, keyless entry pad so I don't have to drag my keys with me everywhere, my current truck doesn't have the outside temp or compass in the rearview mirror and I miss that. It maybe that I've developed lady parts as I've gotten older, lol.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #26  
The only thing I don't like about the newer trucks is the headlight dimmer switch being on the column. I have a heck of a time getting my foot up there to dim the headlights!

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #27  
How about 15 speaker stereo systems, leather 8 way power seats, and two tone paint...

Gotta admit though - I like power windows and A/C. Power door locks are nice too...

It's probably not a big option down there but I really like my heated seats. I call them the butt cookers. The little lady will not let me buy a replacement unless it has them.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #28  
One thing I hate about my 03 RAM is that the door chime doesn't change from just leaving the keys in the ignition to leaving the keys in AND the headlights on. My old trucks usually had a faster chime to let you know you left the lights on. One day I left the lights on in the RAM though and realized they shut off automatically after 15 mins. I assume most newer vehicles all do this so the chime is not as necessary. It can be a pain turning the light switch off then on again while using the headlights for something with the engine off but not a big deal.

My 10 Subaru has the same stupid chime, same tone for everything. Worse yet it will shut the lights off automatically unless you leave the keys in the ignition. You would think that with all the computers we have in cars someone would be smart enough to program one to just turn things off if the battery starts to get low.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #29  
You think that's bad? One of our travel cars at work (09 Pontiac Vibe) had a code pop up for a EVAP leak and it lit up the Check Engine light, brake light, Traction Control System light, and Active Stability Control light. The dash looked like a Christmas tree, a normal non car-nut person would have lost it and probably called a tow truck. On top of that, it disabled the traction/stability system!

I saw a HHR do that for a cam solenoid.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #30  
Carpet flooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.