Things that I don't need on my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Things that I don't need on my truck #32  
I had a basic truck or two. A 86 & a 97. You guys can have them. The new stuff is light years safer, reliable, and capable.

Chris

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #33  
I had a basic truck or two. A 86 & a 97. You guys can have them. The new stuff is light years safer, reliable, and capable.

Chris

There is nothing wrong with having a nice truck but it would nice if you could get a rubber floor mat instead of carpet. It is easier to clean.

What does everybody put over the carpet in their vehicle, a rubber floor mat.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #34  
How about having a option to turn off any of the nonessential things that irritate you.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #35  
There is nothing wrong with having a nice truck but it would nice if you could get a rubber floor mat instead of carpet. It is easier to clean.

Ram offers carpet delete on the ST and the SLT package. I don't know about levels above those. I ordered my last two rams with rubber may instead of carpet.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #36  
My first truck was a 69 chev. c10........my first car was a 58 Chev. Del Ray. The radio in the 58 had tubes....would take 1/4 mile to warm up!!! Gas was 29.9 cents! You must be a youngster??:drink:

The manliest thing about that '69 Chevy C10 is the gas tank behind the seat. Never gave it a thought at the time
Great truck, I abused thehell out of mine, 2 tons would put the frame on the axle, many a load like that.

Laugh today at pickup beds (that are actually used) they look like crinkled tin foil. Even though abused that ole 69's bed was still relatively nice and straight.

The first thing I did on my 2001 Dodge diesel was to find the wire to cut to disable the stupid chime.

As for all the tons of unneeded extras on a truck, a friend disparagingly characterizes this wussy additional crap as ****er knobs.

"my first car was a 58 Chev. Del Ray. The radio in the 58 had tubes."
Had a 58 Impala 348 powerglide myself, the radio however was the low option -- no pushbuttons.
Sitting in a pizza place waiting for my pizza with my back to the 58 with the keys in it I kept thinking I ought look around a see if it's still there.
Got my pizza and turned to go, the car was gone!
Pacing up and down outside the pizza store trying to figure out if my wife (lived close by) played a trick on me or if I should call the police -- my car came pulling in.
The guy got out apologizing profusely, he said he had got down the street a ways and at a stop light went to change the radio station -- except there were no pushbuttons. Freaked him out until he realized it wasn't his car.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #37  

I like the Weather Tech stuff. Good for daily work and pull them out when its date night.

Chris

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #38  
My 10 Subaru has the same stupid chime, same tone for everything. Worse yet it will shut the lights off automatically unless you leave the keys in the ignition. You would think that with all the computers we have in cars someone would be smart enough to program one to just turn things off if the battery starts to get low.
My Volvos have done the same thing. First thing I pull when I get one is the blue "ding" relay and that is the last thing to go back in before it goes up for sale.
Headlights shut off as soon as the key turns off, so that's not an issue and it will not lock the doors with the drivers door open, so it takes some doing to lock the keys in the car.

Aaron Z

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #39  
It would be nice if you could get a manual trans in a truck.

I like the Weather Tech stuff. Good for daily work and pull them out when its date night.

Chris

The weather tech stuff is nice. My neighbor has their floormatsmin all his vehilces.

/ Things that I don't need on my truck #40  
I would love it if they would bring back the floor vent and wing window though.

Status
Not open for further replies.