Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange )

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #11  
Did you happen to see the first 5 of the 6 posts in the NH section? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I hope his TC45 is an isolated incident somewhat like my NH 2120.

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #12  
Good point Doc. They all have there problems. From this post it appears that some are inherent in tractors in general.

joes_427_vette
What ever you decide good luck and I hope it works out better for you. I had to change also so I know where your @ with this issue

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #13  
Not throwing stones. I think he should switch since he seems really unhappy - but I would just suggest that the grass may only seem to be greener (or oranger.) I didn't really search out 3000 series problems, but the above links to problems were found without much effort. I suspect there are just as many to be found for orange 40 hp CUTs as there are for blue, green, red, yellow, and yes, even Pink Tractors /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #14  
The eight foot high section of the building is 40 X 48, with three seven foot doors. The sixteen foot high section is 24 X 48 with a fourteen foot door. The total square footage is 3072. It also has a one bedroom apartment in it. Due to the seven foot doors none of my tractors will go into the lower part, so the JD sits outside this winter, as the other side has the motor home and the NH and Kubota. There would be no room anyway for the tractors as there is a sidecar rig and a ultra, also 40,000 pounds of potatoes along with assorted workbenches and tools.

Will have to put up another building on the new property next year for all of the implements that I am started to collect for the farming end of the farmers market. This would include a cooler and processing area.

As far as the backhoe parts go, the only thing I have needed was a cable for the back lock on the hoe which was broken when I purchased it and a oil filter. My gripe is you go to the web site for JD and look at the prices and then go into the store and the prices are higher plus they add freight to the purchase whether you want the parts fast or not. If you call $30.00 for a three foot long wire cable with a barrel end and a loop on the other end expensive you are right.

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I were you I'd sell the tractor and get a Kubota. Then you could contribute to the following threads:

2410 Differential Lock - Can't unlock differential.

L3000DT Transmission Issues - Broken high/low shifter

Trouble shifting into low -- hydro - Difficulty in shifting into low.

Hitting all the common BX problems

BX2200 Fuel Leak

I could go on, but why? Every mechanical device has problems. )</font>

Don't forget the one, "Whats ailing my buta" That was a real long one.

murph

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #17  
RaT: No fair - editing your post after I responded! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nonetheless, I'll see the New TC25D Falling Apart and I'm Angry , and I'll raise with Major structural failure on L4610 - ouch !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course, you realize that for every blue one I'll find an orange one - all the while you will be just adding to my argument that every color has problems.

Just for grins, lets add the other <font color="orange">orange (Kioti)</font>: No Guts HI gear HST

and <font color="green">green (John Deere) </font> : Disappointed in my Deere for the first time.

My own tractor had a major drivetrain failure at 24 minutes of ownership( TC40D HST/PTO Fails). Demands made on these machines will bring some problems to light, and these may be operator dependant. There will be weak links in the engineering - under stress something has to fail first. There are also probably "lemon" machines (see LAGeorge's trials and tribulations regarding his TC24.) Every point/counterpoint will just support my argument: Every tractor make will have some problems. Any tractor make that has a significant problem with quality will earn the reputation it deserves and lose market share.

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #18  
Statistically speaking there will be more Kubota problems, followed by JD and then NH. However some people take some problems like the elbows on the coolers on the NH more seriously, making mountains out of a simple four dollar fix.

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #19  
Joe we're thinking about jumping ship also. We have about had it with the local NH guy and I'm starting to see green. Maybe we'll go out this weekend and see what Deere offers in a nice larger cabbed tractor with heat and air. Maybe add tunes to boot!

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #20  
Sorry Doc, your right, I edited the post because I like to reread it in the full window it did indeed reek of partisan tractor behavior. I promptly removed it realizing I did not approve of what I had wrote. Your comment nonetheless was right on target.

Regarding that major tractor failure, did we ever get to the bottom of that?

Take are! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Rat...