Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange )

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But this one was sadder
New TC25D Falling Apart and I'm Angry

I think what I was adding to support the fact they all have trouble. Going to Kubota may or may not solve Joe's problems. This is why so many people preach dealer.

murph

I'm just kidding around Murph. NH's are fine, I still have my NH 2120 )</font>

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #22  
No question about it. Another thing and this is not Joe's case based on his posts, but to some folks, a joystick that is hard to move or a 4WD shift lever that won't budge when you tug on it are big issues, to many of us we lube the stick and rock the tractor. Neither issue would even be thought of as a problem. If a tractor is abused as many of us suspect that Kubota 4610 was since he was winching logs and you can tell that 3 pt lift area was totally destroyed, ripped from quite a bit of purchase the part had, can't necessarily be attributed to the manufactuer

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange )
Rat; I did mention the 4x4 lever, the hydro pedal that sticks.... there must be twenty posts or more dealing with this topic. What gets me most is I can't let the neighbor boy operate the tractor which I feel is unsafe if you don't know what could happen. I know the injury or property damage it could cause would be minor compared to the time in court and civil actions. Another thing that bugs me is KNOWN PROBLEMS. The parts to make the dash NOT fog up, steering wheel tilt and telescope, the 2 valves and correct thermostat to let the engine heat up....... The newer designs have eliminated these problems..... so why not fix the defective ones. I realize I am out of the 2 year warranty but the extended $1000. one is still in effect. Auto makers fix things long after the warranty.., It is called a recall. At least discount the parts so it is not an "us agaist them" issue. Why would you want consumers buying machines in good faith and turning your back on them saying.... no one else has these problems. I know, an attorney friend of mine said they never tell lies, just bend the truth a little. New Holland customer service can bend what they want. Soon the economy will make the small voice a little louder.
Pine Ridge; Have any used dash inserts left over ? You should be on your 3rd or so by now. There probably is fine print instructions to cover it with fleece every nite to eliminate the fogging issue. I know it is not a company problem because they told me so !! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #24  
Joe, your posts obviously tell me you don't fit the profile of the tractor guy that isn't mechanical. You obviously know the difference between a problem and simply a technique need to relieve pressure on a gear train etc. I have a 2120 that has certainly had it's issues. As far as the Boomer types go, I did look at a couple before I bought mine, but that's about the extent of my knowledge with them.

/ Thinking about jumping ship ( Going to orange ) #25  
Being a NH tech, I read this post and get madder evey minute. Not at you guys but at the other dealers out there that say "no one else has that problem". Now I see why manufacturers have dealer standards. Standards are set up so each dealer has to meet a level of professionalism or competance. It seems to me these dealers may not meet these standards. Yes some of the standards are a little nit picky, but others are a necessity to be a good dealer. If your dealer does not score to a set level for a number of consecutive years, they will not be a NH dealer any more.
I have seen all of your problems more than once, even had a few on my TC40D, and have fixed or prevented them on both mine and customer tractors. My appology will not change or fix problems, or make up for other's lack of professionalizm, so I won't. I do know that most of the problems with our tractors have been minor except for the safety factor of the sticking hydro pedal which NH has addressed (I think succesfully), we have not seen repetitive engine failures or other main drive train components failing. The engines and drive train have have been relatively unchanged since NH began compact tractors. All problems are repairable but usually the factor is the money. joes 427 vette, I wish you well with what ever you decide, but like what has been said, all mechanical things will have problems.