thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have
Thanks fellas. I am going to look into trying to find a couple of people help me with pouring the slab. If I can find a couple of helpers then I will likely go on ahead and form up the boards this coming weekend and then hopefully pour the following saturday. thanks again.

Thanks fellas. I am going to look into trying to find a couple of people help me with pouring the slab. If I can find a couple of helpers then I will likely go on ahead and form up the boards this coming weekend and then hopefully pour the following saturday. thanks again.

I am also thinking about maybe trying to put some crushed limestone in there for a floor. I am thinking that it would be significantly less expensive and less time required as well. Anybody have any opinions on this vs. the slabed floor? I know in an ideal world that I would prefer a slab but the cost/lack of help kind of makes me doing a slab a long shot.

I am also thinking about maybe trying to put some crushed limestone in there for a floor. I am thinking that it would be significantly less expensive and less time required as well. Anybody have any opinions on this vs. the slabed floor? I know in an ideal world that I would prefer a slab but the cost/lack of help kind of makes me doing a slab a long shot.

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #15  
Lee, i had 22tons of 3-4" rock delivered for $260 and i spent a couple of hrs spreading it with the FEL. It made a 50' "driveway" and a floor for the shed with some left over. Didn't need the 'crete at this time.

RD

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #16  
Lee, i had 22tons of 3-4" rock delivered for $260 and i spent a couple of hrs spreading it with the FEL. It made a 50' "driveway" and a floor for the shed with some left over. Didn't need the 'crete at this time.

RD

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #17  
Lee,

If it's just storage, the rock will work fine. But if you plan on doing any projects in there, or using the builidng long term, concrete really is the best thing.

I've done both, and I'll never deal with rock again. If your not tripping over them as they work their way to the surface, then your loosing everything you drop, or battling to keep dirt from building up on top of it.

Eddie

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #18  
Lee,

If it's just storage, the rock will work fine. But if you plan on doing any projects in there, or using the builidng long term, concrete really is the best thing.

I've done both, and I'll never deal with rock again. If your not tripping over them as they work their way to the surface, then your loosing everything you drop, or battling to keep dirt from building up on top of it.

Eddie

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know in an ideal world that I would prefer a slab but the cost/lack of help kind of makes me doing a slab a long shot. )</font>

Make sure you have somebody that has some experience finishing a slab of that size. You could end up with a mess.

Jim

/ thinking about renovating an old pole barn I have #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know in an ideal world that I would prefer a slab but the cost/lack of help kind of makes me doing a slab a long shot. )</font>

Make sure you have somebody that has some experience finishing a slab of that size. You could end up with a mess.

Jim