Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase

/ Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #21  
If that unit was here in NC it would bring it. That series Massey is gold. I bought a super deluxe 35 in 1992 at a local auction. Kick myself because I sold it. Needed some cash after a couple of years and got more for it than I paid. It was diesel so that was a plus. It was the right size for my needs. Wish I still had it. Great little unit.

/ Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #22  
Tony, I'm just down the road in NC. Around here any 135 with PS will bring 4500-5500. Having power steering is a big plus. You have to remember that in the late 60's-early 70's, people bought tractors for farming only and few would spend the extra to get power steering. around here any tractor with PS will bring a premium price. A 135 w/o ps will bring 3500-4500. I have a gas 3000 ford with a QC Allied loader. It has ps and LPTO and I would have some harsh words for anyone who seriously offered me 6000.00 I would probally tell him where the bus stops. I understand this tractor is at a dealers lot, and we feel free to insult a dealer anytime, but just keep in mind he knows what he has and what it's worth. HTH, later, Nat

Attachments

• 807758-Picture 035.jpg
    807758-Picture 035.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 92
   / Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #23  
Daryl, I said that it could be dangerous for a novice (TA on a IH is the same thing). A experienced operator will have no problem at all. Ken Sweet

/ Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #24  
Hello, Tony_s , Multipower rule #1 NEVER EVER drive down hill with multipower in low . ALWAYS,ALWAYS, multipower in high going down hill.(Low will free wheel and run away)
2)If you "lock" the gearbox and can't move the gear stick drop into low multipower to unlock the gear box.
3)Irecomend you get a saftey frame/ rollover bar.
4) get the manual, it will save a lot of frustration.
5)They are a great tractor, I had mine for 27 years.

Last edited:
   / Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #25  
I wonder if Tony bought that Tractor in 06, 7500 back then was a lot of cash for that.

/ Thinking of an Old Massey Tractor Purchase #26  
I have a 165 multipower but only use in high unless I need a little extra power or to slow down for a short time. Great tractor. Redman is right, drop into low to release gearbox.