Buying Advice Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor
   / Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #33  
Thank you for the excellent information! I agree that the 3560 is available with both small and midsize loader, however the midsize loader comes with a slightly larger bucket standard. Makes sense I guess. How wide do you think your tractor would be with the tires turned narrow? I understood the 3560 could be configured as a 5' wide tractor which is what I am looking for. IS this correct? How do you like your 3560? Does it seem to have enough power to get the job done?

Thanks for all the replies, lots of information!

Jason

Based on what the users manual says, the difference from narrowest to widest setting on the rear rims with R4 tires is 5.5". I can try and measure the offsets to verify.

I have had the tractor for a couple of months and am at 50 hours now. Almost all of the hours have been moving dirt and grading with the loader and 6' box blade. I am over 6,000' in elevation which takes away some HP. Cab and loaded rear tires, so it is fairly heavy. I really like the tractor and for me I think it has plenty of power so far. I have an old 5' brush hog for my 6 acres, but grass has not needed cut yet, so no feedback on that. I have run the ac on an 80 + degree day, and felt comfortable. The cab gets hot fast in the sun. No noticeable power drop from the ac with what I have been doing.

The tractor is not fast, so if you drive long distance that could be annoying. On flat ground I can hit 16 mph. The two speed shift on the fly HST is very nice and helps on the hills. In high gear, and low HST, it drops down to 6 mph on the hills in my neighborhood.

Based on what the users manual says, the difference from narrowest to widest setting on the rear rims with R4 tires is 5.5". I can try and measure the offsets to verify.

I have had the tractor for a couple of months and am at 50 hours now. Almost all of the hours have been moving dirt and grading with the loader and 6' box blade. I am over 6,000' in elevation which takes away some HP. Cab and loaded rear tires, so it is fairly heavy. I really like the tractor and for me I think it has plenty of power so far. I have an old 5' brush hog for my 6 acres, but grass has not needed cut yet, so no feedback on that. I have run the ac on an 80 + degree day, and felt comfortable. The cab gets hot fast in the sun. No noticeable power drop from the ac with what I have been doing.

The tractor is not fast, so if you drive long distance that could be annoying. On flat ground I can hit 16 mph. The two speed shift on the fly HST is very nice and helps on the hills. In high gear, and low HST, it drops down to 6 mph on the hills in my neighborhood.

I wonder if that is 5.5" per side? That would make sense, goes from about a 6' to about a 5' track width. Maybe? Road speed isnt much of a concern for me, I only travel a couple miles a couple times a month and it will be pleasant with a cab regardless.

Jason

Well, i was able to take a look at a JD 3039R today! It was a used machine and I liked it a lot. However, it was out of warranty and was only 4k less than a new one! I liked it enough I called the JD dealer and told him to get one ordered for me. Unfortunately he called back and they cannot get one from the factory until February 2019. He says he will have to find one at another dealer to work with. Well see where this goes, I liked the size of the machine a LOT, it was not too big but not too small. Looks like if he can find one it will be mine, if not I will go back to looking at the Kubotas.

Jason

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #36  
Well, i was able to take a look at a JD 3039R today! It was a used machine and I liked it a lot. However, it was out of warranty and was only 4k less than a new one! I liked it enough I called the JD dealer and told him to get one ordered for me. Unfortunately he called back and they cannot get one from the factory until February 2019. He says he will have to find one at another dealer to work with. Well see where this goes, I liked the size of the machine a LOT, it was not too big but not too small. Looks like if he can find one it will be mine, if not I will go back to looking at the Kubotas.

Jason

February of 2019? That’s crazy! The wait would kill me.

I wish Kubota had a premium tractor that’s in the same size range as the 3 series Deere.

February of 2019? That’s crazy! The wait would kill me.

I wish Kubota had a premium tractor that’s in the same size range as the 3 series Deere.

Yeah, I will not be waiting until next year. If he cannot come up with one I will move on. Your right, thats a great size tractor and I believe kubota would do well with one. But of course, then it would be undersized for so many that it wouldnt sell..

Jason

Well the JD dealer says he will have my new 3039R ready the end of this week. I am looking forward to it! I hope this JD treats me as well as the Kubotas I have owned in the past. I looked at the JD machines before I bought my B2601 but they did NOT have a model comparable that I liked. I do believe this time the JD was a much better choice for me. Well see how this goes. I have not had a very easy time of this purchase.

Jason

The new 3039R was delivered friday. Already has 15 hours on it (delivered with 4) and so far so good. Not used to the two pedal hydro but the Ehydro is very smooth. The AC seems to work well and it has plenty of HP for me. Thinking of trying out a 6' finish mower the dealer has for a fair price, should do just fine with this machine. I ended up with a construction bucket for now and it SUCKS!, WAY too heavy and long. Makes the tractor seem off balance, kind of what my kubota felt like with a load in the bucket, just loaded. I will have the correct bucket this week, but once I put on the pallet forks and got the tire pressures down to where they should be the tractor does ride fairly well. I have not had the need to put anything ground engaging other than a rock rake on it so I dont know how well its going to handle those chores but I imagine it will be easily as good as the smaller Kubota it replaced. I am buying a grapple bucket this week as well, I bet that will be great. Thanks to everyone for all their help and advice, unfortunately for Kubota it sort of steered me into a different brand of tractor, hopefully it will all work out fine for me.

Jason

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #40  
Top work Jason! I suppose that you must have got the Skid Steer style bucket quick attach?